Uploading woes

happytravellerhappytraveller Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Please help.
I've been trying to upload to one of my galleries using the universal uploader. It's worked before.
The trouble is when I click on "add photos" in the gallery, smugmug disappears along with all other web sites I happen to be viewing. It would appear that Internet Explorer is closing down.
Now this has happened a few times before but generally rights itself after a few tries. At first I thought there was a conflict with my login details which happen to be the same as another site I use, when I'm logged into both. I've logged in and out of everything, cleared cookies, ran spyware (all OK) but IE still closes down when I try to upload. Of course, I am therfore unable to log out from anything which is not too secure either.

Regards,

happytraveller.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Please help.
    I've been trying to upload to one of my galleries using the universal uploader. It's worked before.
    The trouble is when I click on "add photos" in the gallery, smugmug disappears along with all other web sites I happen to be viewing. It would appear that Internet Explorer is closing down.
    Now this has happened a few times before but generally rights itself after a few tries. At first I thought there was a conflict with my login details which happen to be the same as another site I use, when I'm logged into both. I've logged in and out of everything, cleared cookies, ran spyware (all OK) but IE still closes down when I try to upload. Of course, I am therfore unable to log out from anything which is not too secure either.

Regards,

happytraveller.
    Hi Happy wave.gif

I'm sorry you are having problems. Can you give us a link to the gallery you are having problems with? ear.gif
  • happytravellerhappytraveller Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    uploading woes
    Here's the gallery link. To be honest though, it's not the first time this has happened and it doesn't seem to matter which gallery I'm uploading to, or not as the case may be!
    http://happytraveller.smugmug.com/gallery/1814362/1/90594408

Thanks for looking into it, and I hope you enjoyed photokina.

happytraveller.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Hi happy, I see you are using HotBar and hbtools - I'm willing to bet that it's interfering with your uploading. I wouldn't trust it:
    http://www.fbmsoftware.com/spyware-net/process/hbtools_exe/370/
    edited October 3, 2006
    Not to my knowlege I'm not. I'll search my PC for it. BTW, how can you tell and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot.

happytraveller
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Not to my knowlege I'm not. I'll search my PC for it. BTW, how can you tell and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot.

happytraveller
    Google for hotbar... you'll find lots of resources. Make a post in Darkroom gear if you want specific help, lots of PC gurus there!
    edited October 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Google for hotbar... you'll find lots of resources. Make a post in Darkroom gear if you want specific help, lots of PC gurus there!

Andy, I've scoured my PC for hotbar and it's not here. I did find it on a PC at work though! So I don't think that hotbot is the problem. What did you see in my gallery that led you to believe that hotbot was the culprit?
    Having said all that I'm not the most computer literate person when you get down to the nitty gritty. But after looking at almost every file and programme to no avail, I have officially lost the will to live!

Regards,

happytraveller.