Options

*Challenge 28 - Snappy's Portraits

2»

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    I really did like it when I started out. I'll probably like it again after getting away from this 'puter for a while.

Merry Christmas!
    I always go with my 1st idea in anything. I dont know anything about photography compared to many here but i know what i like & portraits for me.. is about 'can i read what is on someones mind.'
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    YEAH, it WORkS!

Congrats, Snappy, go proudly into the Christmas season. Only so many of those in our lifetime. Believe it, or not, soon there will be another Challenge.

I like how you fixed it up.

ginger

Maybe I will take my own advice, if I can just get rid of the headache! Well, if I can't, I still won't be concentrating on portraits, good gosh at 65 how many more Christmases are there?

I am going to suggest that we do portraits again in the next 6 months or so. If we do that, I will do then what I should not do now.

Snappy, I do like your portrait!!! Well the portrait you DID of the girl.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Snappy I really like what you've done re the shadows... I think you are right tho.. you should go with what you feel and love. Sometimes I know something is not going to make it but I post it anyway cos I like it. This is a lovely shot with some great post. clap.gif
  • Options
    lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Hi Snapapple,

Sorry to be so late. At first I thought I was going to say I like the 2nd shot most. But... at the "end of the day" I think the shot of the yellow lab shows more personality at that moment in time. The other (is that a Rottie?) I really like also but maybe that particular portrait doesn't allow its personality to seep out.
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    I'm so happy someone stopped by to look. Thanks Humungus. I'm so tired tonight and I wanted to get this posted so I can be free tomorrow to clean my house and wait for the plumber and all that awful stuff. Gee, it feels good to have a friend say they like it. Especially when I'm tired and tired of looking at this picture. I really did like it when I started out. I'll probably like it again after getting away from this 'puter for a while.

It's a busy week to be trying to enter photos in a challenge. I still have so much to do before Christmas and all the festivities. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really, really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas!

Some of us don't get 'round to the different threads until the weekend (or when doing a lot of CS processing! I liked Ginger's semi-high-key treatment of your dr's office gal the best. And you know what an animal photog I am, the light in your long-nose lab shot was delicious. We have another week, right?

Lynne
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    Just thought I would tell ya I liked the shot before, but with the lighter "stripes" it is better I think.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    She's very enigmatic in a mona lisa kinda way, makes you wonder what's on her mind....lovely picture Snappy, I do think I like ginger's version better though:(:
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    Thanks Greaper and Gubbs
    gubbs wrote:
    She's very enigmatic in a mona lisa kinda way, makes you wonder what's on her mind....lovely picture Snappy, I do think I like ginger's version better though:(:
    Thank you both for taking the time to look and comment. I may try a little more contrast on it, but for now I've got a final version on the challenge thread. My husband liked the lighter version. He also did not like the shadow across the middle.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog