Options

New to Dgrin

johnyerosjohnyeros Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 16, 2004 in Holy Macro
By the grace of god I found this amazing site :clap . I don't even know how I came across it. Anyway, I been in love with photography for like 2-3 years. I have an Olympus C-730, which is great for taking sport picture. I love it. Here are some of my newbie work. Please let me know what you think of it :rofl

Persistence.jpg
indecisiveness.jpg

meangry.jpg

eternity.jpg

holidaze.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    Welcome to Dgrin.

You have some nice stuff there.

I really like the first second and last.
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Yes, welcome! It is an excelent site. I never get bored with it.

You do have some very nice shots. I really like the last one. Has a cool feel to it. Did you use high ISO or do some pixelization in photoshop to get that effect?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited December 15, 2004
    Welcome!

Saw the meteor shot and then this. Nice work.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    wave.gif Hiya John, glad you found us! Like Greaps, I really like the first and the last. In the first, it's the lower guy who is in a great position, you really captured something there. And in the last, you got her looking very pretty and with a nice expression - quite a lot of blur, but that's a matter of taste. Nice stuff!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    johnyerosjohnyeros Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 15, 2004
    hey, im so glad you guys like it. the first pic was just me sitting there capturing my friend playing some basketball while messing with my camera, i came up some some good one and i really like this one heh. The last shot was actualy a pose shot. She doesn't like picture of her taken, so i convince her if she let me take it i'll make it look good and will print her a copy. It's photoshop to get that high iso look, the original picture is similar, but not as contrast as it's here. :-d
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    johnyeros wrote:
    hey, im so glad you guys like it.

hi johnyeros! wave.gif

Welcome to da grin. Pay no attention to the waxmeister...he criticizes everyone. Except for me...he just ignores me. ne_nau.gifrofl

I love B&W photography...keep it coming. Especially more of the person in the last shot. nod.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited December 15, 2004
    johnyeros wrote:
    hey, im so glad you guys like it. the first pic was just me sitting there capturing my friend playing some basketball while messing with my camera, i came up some some good one and i really like this one heh. The last shot was actualy a pose shot. She doesn't like picture of her taken, so i convince her if she let me take it i'll make it look good and will print her a copy. It's photoshop to get that high iso look, the original picture is similar, but not as contrast as it's here. :-d

Welcome, johnyeros - Do not believe anything that wxwax or Fish says! :D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    I like the last two, as sid says "quite a lot of blur, but that's a matter of taste" I thinks it really works here, sets the mood.
    thumb.gif