Need help- New Ideas

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited October 4, 2006 in Sports
Hello everyone, I posted this 24 hrs ago on the People forum but not 1 comment or idea. Maybe I should have just posted it here to start with :dunno

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=43979

Thanks for your time,
Brad

P.S I couldnt cpoy and paste it here or I would have:scratch
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    This topic comes up quite often on the sports forum at fredmiranda.com.

In the end, the concensus generally is that "creative" doesn't sell. Parents like the traditional pose for both team and individual shots.

Since you said you only have one shot and don't want to screw it up, I'd recommend sticking to the basics.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 4, 2006
    Brad,
    While I agree with Pat that creative doesn't always sell well with parents. I have always had a shot in mind for this type of shoot. One where I am lying on the ground with my camera pointed towards the sky and a nice wideeeeeee lens attached. Then the players all lean over me (like an ant looking up from the middle of the huddle). A fisheye would be great for this one thumb.gif

I'd recommend getting the basic shots done first, before trying any creative stuff :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    I just took a team photo for my son's baseball team - you know, the standard boring stuff and I took a few frames to make sure so they had to sit there for a few minutes. Tough for 10 -11 year olds to do.

So when I was done one of the coaches says "now do a fun one!" and everyone starts collapsing on top of each other and making funny faces, etc. Luckily I was on burst mode and just fired off 10-12 frames. One or two came out good with all the faces showing, so I was pretty happy.

May not work for your age group but it was a fun shot for my situation.
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Thank you guys, I now have a few new ideas. Yes, security shots are always needed.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff