Problems with filmstrip style

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited October 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I can't seem to get the "properties" info on the images in the galleries with "filmstrip" style. I need the dimensions of the photo to put in code. I used the yellow floatie thing in Firefox, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I also am not seeing any place to leave comments on the photo, only the gallery. I thought you could click on the photo and get this on the larger version like you do in journal style, but it doesn't work.

I like the filmstrip style as a good way to see all the thumbs quickly, but it seems some features are not here. Is this true, or am I doing it wrong?

Also, external links are enabled, but I see nothing. I had to copy the link from the address bar at the top. http://www.susanappelphotography.com/gallery/1843816/1/92394048

Oh, one more thing. My menu list is going behind the filmstrip. How can I fix this?
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    I can't seem to get the "properties" info on the images in the galleries with "filmstrip" style. I need the dimensions of the photo to put in code. I used the yellow floatie thing in Firefox, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I also am not seeing any place to leave comments on the photo, only the gallery. I thought you could click on the photo and get this on the larger version like you do in journal style, but it doesn't work.

I like the filmstrip style as a good way to see all the thumbs quickly, but it seems some features are not here. Is this true, or am I doing it wrong?

Also, external links are enabled, but I see nothing. I had to copy the link from the address bar at the top. http://www.susanappelphotography.com/gallery/1843816/1/92394048

Oh, one more thing. My menu list is going behind the filmstrip. How can I fix this?
    Filmstrip style doesn't have all the same features as other styles.... you're doing nothing wrong :D And there's no single image view from filmstrip, as there is in other styles, so you won't get the photo comments box as you would in smugmug or any single image page.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Filmstrip style doesn't have all the same features as other styles.... you're doing nothing wrong :D And there's no single image view from filmstrip, as there is in other styles, so you won't get the photo comments box as you would in smugmug or any single image page.

Thanks Andy,
    Guess I'll have to use another style.:D No problem.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    Add green
    /* float the list to make it horizontal and a relative positon so that you can control the dropdown menu positon */
    #navbar li {[COLOR=Lime]z-index:99[/COLOR];
    float:left;
    width:100px;
    position:relative;
    }

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Allen wrote:
    Add green
    /* float the list to make it horizontal and a relative positon so that you can control the dropdown menu positon */
    #navbar li {[COLOR=Lime]z-index:99[/COLOR];
    float:left;
    width:100px;
    position:relative;
    }

Al

Thanks Al, worked like a charm. thumb.gif