Options

New stuff

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited October 8, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Recent changes to what gets displayed as 'new stuff' are generally good and welcome improvements, except that threads to which I have contributed don't seem to appear for me. Is that how 'new stuff' is intended to be operating, or is there a user option somewhere I should set?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Recent changes to what gets displayed as 'new stuff' are generally good and welcome improvements, except that threads to which I have contributed don't seem to appear for me. Is that how 'new stuff' is intended to be operating, or is there a user option somewhere I should set?
    If you reply to a thread you've been in, or that you started, it won't appear again in New Stuff until someone else posts to it. Takes a bit of getting used to...
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Takes a bit of getting used to...
    Thanks Andy, I'll be a little more patient while this sinks in. thumb.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited October 5, 2006
    You could Use the Quick Links menu item up top and then click Subscribed Threads.

To use that option you'll need to manually subscribe to the thread you contribute to for the thread to appear in the listing. Then when there's a new contribution by anyone, it will appear at the top and in bold if you have not yet read the updated thread.

You could also automatically subscribe to all threads you contribute to by default.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    I use this as a bookmark - it's the Quick Links -> Today's Posts link but it includes all forums:

http://www.digitalgrin.com/search.php?do=getdaily

Works for me...
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I use this as a bookmark - it's the Quick Links -> Today's Posts link but it includes all forums:

http://www.digitalgrin.com/search.php?do=getdaily

Works for me...

Nice tip. Thanks. thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+