It would be nice if....

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited October 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I would like to see and active list coming from SmugMug listing the Ideas that come from this forum wheather it's a New Feature request or a bug report. It would be nice to know what "they" have looked at and considered. To see the status of the ideas they think are good and are working on implementing at some point.

I think a monthy newsletter would be awesome. Listing the new featurs that have been rolled into production and the up and coming features. Many suggestions are put in these forums and no one really knows if they were even seen.

Good/Bad Idea?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:

Good/Bad Idea?
    Hi,

I think our track record speaks for itself - I've been consolidating the FR thread every few months, and giving an update on which FRs have been made, and which are still being considered.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40139

As to Bugs, we deal with them as fast as we can, and report back either in the bug thread and also in the release notes: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/
    kc7dji wrote:
    Many suggestions are put in these forums and no one really knows if they were even seen.

Really? I'm shocked at this statement, honestly. I and the team spend a lot of time ensuring that everyone knows that such postings are seen, read, and as much as possible, acknowledged. For both, please know that even if we don't somehow respond to an individual post, that ALL of these postings are read and carefully considered by us.

For the most part, we do not comment on what's being developed, and when it's coming.

I hope this helps!
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    oh Andy I wasn't saying anything bad at all. I find it hard to keep up with all these threads which was my grounds for thinking about some kind of monthly "somthing" maybe an email update or something like that.

Myself and I'm sure many others here know there are several people working behind the scenes and I'm sure much harder than we think.

I'll have to save a link to the thread you pointed out with the updates. Thanks for the response. I would much rather have an email come to me versus having to come here and sift through all these messages.

Just a thought!

Andy wrote:
    Hi,

I think our track record speaks for itself - I've been consolidating the FR thread every few months, and giving an update on which FRs have been made, and which are still being considered.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=40139

As to Bugs, we deal with them as fast as we can, and report back either in the bug thread and also in the release notes: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

Really? I'm shocked at this statement, honestly. I and the team spend a lot of time ensuring that everyone knows that such postings are seen, read, and as much as possible, acknowledged. For both, please know that even if we don't somehow respond to an individual post, that ALL of these postings are read and carefully considered by us.

For the most part, we do not comment on what's being developed, and when it's coming.

I hope this helps!
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    I would much rather have an email come to me versus having to come here and sift through all these messages.

Just a thought!

Thanks for thinking out loud! We love to hear your feedback and will definitely give this idea consideration. thumb.gif

-Anne
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    I would much rather have an email come to me versus having to come here and sift through all these messages.

You might consider using FeedBlitz. You take the feed link from the bottom of one of the SmugBlogs, add it to your subscription list in FeedBlitz, and voila! Whenever something new pops up on your subscribed blog, you get that same content delivered to you via email. I use it and love it.
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    I would like to see and active list coming from SmugMug listing the Ideas that come from this forum wheather it's a New Feature request or a bug report. It would be nice to know what "they" have looked at and considered. To see the status of the ideas they think are good and are working on implementing at some point.

I think a monthy newsletter would be awesome. Listing the new featurs that have been rolled into production and the up and coming features. Many suggestions are put in these forums and no one really knows if they were even seen.

Good/Bad Idea?

Good idea, but I think we're already starting down that path...

We've soft-launched our new Wiki which includes a public SmugBug tracker where you'll see our customers reporting bugs and asking for features.

Then we'll keep them up-to-date as to what their status is, what we think, etc.

It's searchable and sortable, so it should come in really handy. Much more useful than the Bug and Feature threads here, which we'll likely kill. They just get too massive for us to find them useful.

Don
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Hats off to all of you.... that is excellent news thumb.gif

Yes I find these threads as useful as a web link in a paper book. rolleyes1.gif

onethumb wrote:
    Good idea, but I think we're already starting down that path...

We've soft-launched our new Wiki which includes a public SmugBug tracker where you'll see our customers reporting bugs and asking for features.

Then we'll keep them up-to-date as to what their status is, what we think, etc.

It's searchable and sortable, so it should come in really handy. Much more useful than the Bug and Feature threads here, which we'll likely kill. They just get too massive for us to find them useful.

Don