Collections?

EphemeralEphemeral Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited October 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Apologies if this is asked a billion times already, but could/would Smugmug implement a "collection" concept.

The reason I ask is that I recently started to play with Adobe Photoshop Light Room beta 4 and played with collections. I then realised what a simpe yet powerful way to organise pictures. I mean, galleries are nice, but it's a pain if you want a collection of your B&W images from your 20+ galleries. I think I'm right in saying that currently you have to upload or copy an image if you want it to appear in a different gallery.

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Ephemeral wrote:
    Apologies if this is asked a billion times already, but could/would Smugmug implement a "collection" concept.

The reason I ask is that I recently started to play with Adobe Photoshop Light Room beta 4 and played with collections. I then realised what a simpe yet powerful way to organise pictures. I mean, galleries are nice, but it's a pain if you want a collection of your B&W images from your 20+ galleries. I think I'm right in saying that currently you have to upload or copy an image if you want it to appear in a different gallery.

Not a *billion* times... :D

Thanks for the request. We hear ya! thumb.gif

-Anne
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Ephemeral wrote:

Tag them with a keyword and list by keyword ...

Dna
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Ephemeral wrote:

We have a way, with keyword galleries, to achieve what you are asking for. Please see "Featured" on my site www.moonriverphotography.com

Is this what you are referring to?
  • EphemeralEphemeral Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    I see. I've just played around with it very quick play with it and it seems to do what I need...though it would be nice if you had a Flickr type interface where I could just select an image, or images, and just drop into a collection.

:D