D2X firmware update

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited October 5, 2006 in Cameras
Good Day

Does anyone know if the the new maximum 60 shot feature of firmware 2.0 effects the 29 shot RAW buffer of the original firmware? Re-stated, does it increase the RAW buffer and allow me to take more shots continuously before jamming the buffer?

thanks shane

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2006
    Good Day

Does anyone know if the the new maximum 60 shot feature of firmware 2.0 effects the 29 shot RAW buffer of the original firmware? Re-stated, does it increase the RAW buffer and allow me to take more shots continuously before jamming the buffer?

thanks shane

This is from the updated D2X manual for the firmware update
    "The maximum number of shots that can be taken in a single burst in continuous shooting mode has increased from 35 to 60. Note, however, that shooting will slow when the memory buffer is full (page 44)."

It then lists the max. # of shots that can be stored in the memory buffer with noise reduction off and the ISO set to hundred. For RAW shots it was 17 and 29 in high speed crop mode. Those numbers were the same before the firmware update. So the answer is no, the RAW buffer has not been increased.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"