My family photos in the aspens. (5 photos)

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited October 11, 2006 in People
We went up over Kebler Pass in Crested Butte to try to find some golden aspens, but were worried that we had missed the peak. Although many of the leaves had fallen, we found a gorgeous spot to take a few shots and these are the ones I got.... (Well, a few of the way too many I got! LOL! It was just amazing there!)

100290013-M.jpg

100290014-M.jpg100290004-M.jpg

100290011-M.jpg

100290008-M.jpg
The end....

Any and all CC is much appreciated - especially in regards to color and B&W conversion.

Thanks for peeking!

Comments

• Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Very nice- I particularly like the composition of #3 and #5 (even more.)

I also like the desaturated look on #2 better than just a conversion as it preserves some of the fall look with the same effect.

I think I would really like #5 w/ the pp of #2.

Good work.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    gdad wrote:
    Very nice- I particularly like the composition of #3 and #5 (even more.)

I also like the desaturated look on #2 better than just a conversion as it preserves some of the fall look with the same effect.

I think I would really like #5 w/ the pp of #2.

Good work.

Thank you so much! This was a shoot I have been looking forward to for literally months and I was happy that it turned out okay....

I'm going ot have to try the desaturated look on #5 - hadn't even thought of it! Thanks for hte suggestion....

Andi
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    These are fantastic! I can't add anything more than that!

Jamie
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    wow...

so cute!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Thank you so much! This was a shoot I have been looking forward to for literally months and I was happy that it turned out okay....

I'm going ot have to try the desaturated look on #5 - hadn't even thought of it! Thanks for hte suggestion....

Andi
    These turned out more than just OK. These are top-shelf!

I especially like #2 and #3, but then again, I love shots of kids having fun.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Lovely shots, I really like the desaturated one. B&W with selective color is a fav of mine but have not used partial desat to do it. This makes it a must try for me. Cute kids, you must have enjoyed the day. :D
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    Very nice pictures.
    # 2 is the best. I normally do not like desaturated images but this one works extremely well and is a great capture of the season and emotion.

#5 is another great capture and very cute- a definete wall hanger when it comes to family photos.

Question on #4- is that the actual reflection or did you photoshop it. If it is natural that is extremely nice capture. If you ps 'd it- great job!

Did you get any of this lake and reflection without your family in it? They would be perfect calendar material.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited October 6, 2006
    Wow! Thanks so much, everyone! I had a GREAT time taking these and it's so nice to think for so long about how to do it and have them come out better than expected....

As for PSing, nope!! Laughing.gif! I'm pretty much a purist and try to do very little to enhance or change the image. (And besides, I'm not that good!) I'll get rid of stray branches, blemishes or whatever, but that's about it... My hubby actually suggested this little pond... Love him for it! I think I got one or two without the family, but not like this shot. UGH! Doh... That would have been a nice shot by itself. *grumble* *wink*

Thanks again!
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    There are some very nice shots thumb.gif
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Great photos. 1 & 4 are wonderful environmental portraits. Number 4 especially is one that I'm sure you and others will look back on with great fondness. I like that the subjects are the obvious draw of the picture, yet they don't dominate. . . . Just great. thumb.gif
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
    edited October 7, 2006
    Thank you so much, everyone! :D
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Fantastic -- what a great set of memories....well done.

Lee
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    These are wonderful!!! What a beautiful location and those shots of the kids are more than just good. That last shot is absolutely priceless!!!
  • R JohnsR Johns Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    I agree with Scott...
    These are "top shelf"... thumb.gif

I could learn a lot from you. In fact, I've always wished that I could capture more moments like these.

You definetly have a great photographer's eye... bowdown.gif

Russ
    By Grace, alone...
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Excellent. I especially like the second to last with the refelection of you all in the water.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 7, 2006
    Lovely shots. Beautiful kids ya got there.
    edited October 9, 2006
    All right, where is the blush smiley when you need it?

Seriously, thank you all so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you've said....

*blush* (it'll have to do!)
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    Great images. I've only seen a couple of your posts, and am already a fan of your portraits.

---T :D

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    amazing photos, I love the area you chose to shoot at.....

I really love 2-4, espcially #4 is great with the water and where you & your family is standing..... really great photo
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
    edited October 11, 2006
    Thanks so much, all!

Oh, and a few of you mentioned said "where you and your family are standing by the water".... Laughing.gif! That's my hubby and my girls... I'm not in any of these shots! :D (I do have a few, though, but didn't feel right posting pics my hubby took. Even though they turned out well - as well as pics with me in them turn out, that is! rolleyes1.gif The whole family pics didn't turn out well, IMHO. Bummer.)
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    Amazing photos cute kids
    just amaizng
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery