Options

Got bugs? Features? New release coming...

onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
Hot on the heels of last week's release, I have another one almost done. I think you'll like it, especially anyone doing javascript stuff. :)

But I can't fix bugs or add new features without your feedback. Make sure you cruise on over and add your very own SmugBugs for any bugs and/or features you've got.

Don

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Hot on the heels of last week's release, I have another one almost done. I think you'll like it, especially anyone doing javascript stuff. :)

But I can't fix bugs or add new features without your feedback. Make sure you cruise on over and add your very own SmugBugs for any bugs and/or features you've got.

Don

Is this for API stuff only, or general smugbugs?
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=44268
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:

Everything and anything SmugMug related.

Ditto for the rest of the Wiki. If it's about SmugMug, and someone else in this universe might want to reference it, stick it on the Wiki.

Don
  • Options
    StardogStardog Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    onethumb wrote:

Don

Will the next release fix some of the problem listed in SmugBug list? Also, when you mention javascript, are you referring to JSON support? That would be nice if I could use JSON in place of XML-RPC.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Also...
    At one time I could swear that the documentation stated that the method smugmug.images.getInfo returned the image URL info as well. Now it doesn't say that (on smugmug.com or on the wiki), but It still returns the image URL struct. Perhaps it was left out by accident?
  • Options
    mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Stardog wrote:
    At one time I could swear that the documentation stated that the method smugmug.images.getInfo returned the image URL info as well. Now it doesn't say that (on smugmug.com or on the wiki), but It still returns the image URL struct. Perhaps it was left out by accident?

I don't recall the REST API docs ever saying anything about the image URLs, but I've been using the REST API for just a couple months. The image URLs are returned in the response for smugmug.images.getInfo, and I sure hope it stays that way.

Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Stardog wrote:
    Will the next release fix some of the problem listed in SmugBug list? Also, when you mention javascript, are you referring to JSON support? That would be nice if I could use JSON in place of XML-RPC.

Thanks

Yeah, one dirty little secret that's not-so-secret is that JSON *and* serialized PHP output are now in the beta (v1.1.1) API.

Just use endpoints that use "json" or "php" in place of "rest" or "xml-rpc".

The only reason it's a "secret" right now is I haven't had time to rigorously test them yet.

Enjoy!

Don
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 17, 2006
    mhilbush wrote:
    The image URLs are returned in the response for smugmug.images.getInfo, and I sure hope it stays that way.
    Mark

Nothing is going to change, I will fix the documentation
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    I count 15 SmugBugs logged against the APIs (ok, a couple are enhancement requests). What's the likelihood these will be actioned in the near future?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    mhilbush wrote:
    I count 15 SmugBugs logged against the APIs (ok, a couple are enhancement requests). What's the likelihood these will be actioned in the near future?

Thanks,
    Mark

Mark,

Don's been outta town..and with the addition of JSON and PHP support, I can't really say how long it's going to take.

It depends how many bugs we find :D

I will try to keep you in the loop.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Yeah, one dirty little secret that's not-so-secret is that JSON *and* serialized PHP output are now in the beta (v1.1.1) API.

Just use endpoints that use "json" or "php" in place of "rest" or "xml-rpc".

The only reason it's a "secret" right now is I haven't had time to rigorously test them yet.

Enjoy!

Don

That's awesome! I tried the serialized php endpoint. I can get the login methods to work, but any other methods I try return 'invalid API Key'.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    Stardog wrote:
    That's awesome! I tried the serialized php endpoint. I can get the login methods to work, but any other methods I try return 'invalid API Key'.

Stardog,

What other methods were u trying ?

I tried a few (smugmug.users.getTree, smugmug.categories.get, smugmug.albums.get) and they all were working fine.

Just check that you are using a valid sessionID, as sometimes this seems to return 'invalid api key'.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Stardog,

What other methods were u trying ?

I tried a few (smugmug.users.getTree, smugmug.categories.get, smugmug.albums.get) and they all were working fine.

Just check that you are using a valid sessionID, as sometimes this seems to return 'invalid api key'.

Cheers,

David

I went and double checked the url I was sending and your right, I didn't have a correct sessionID. That fixed it!

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    Stardog wrote:
    I went and double checked the url I was sending and your right, I didn't have a correct sessionID. That fixed it!

Thanks,

Brian

thumb.gif let me know if you run into any issues.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos