C&C for Corner Entry

Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited October 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would like to call this one.....

Not too old.....

Please tell me what you think and is it entry worthy!!

thanks,
Heather

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 6, 2006
    Nice interpretation of the theme. For me the image is a little OOF with the wall seeming to be in focus as the detail of the stucco finish is crisp. The lighting is a bit harsh / overexposed, except on her face which is underexposed. I'd like to see her with light on her eyes. I'd also be careful as you're precariously close to shooting right up her shorts. The choice of corners is also a bit bland which is fine except the molding draws the eyes down rather than into the grils face. I think you have a concept that can be great if you can reshoot it again. I would try and get her eyes and mouth to be the focus though when you work the DOF and lighting.
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Nice interpretation of the theme. For me the image is a little OOF with the wall seeming to be in focus as the detail of the stucco finish is crisp. The lighting is a bit harsh / overexposed, except on her face which is underexposed. I'd like to see her with light on her eyes. I'd also be careful as you're precariously close to shooting right up her shorts. The choice of corners is also a bit bland which is fine except the molding draws the eyes down rather than into the grils face. I think you have a concept that can be great if you can reshoot it again. I would try and get her eyes and mouth to be the focus though when you work the DOF and lighting.

Thank you....that is exactly what I need!!

I can totally reshoot this as she is always getting into trouble rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

JK!!

Heather
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    This shot has a lot of emotion and I like it, but the corner thing isn't obvious to me. I think if you did a wide angle version where you can see a lot of the room, but still has her as the clear focus of interest, the idea of 'corner' would be more obvious. This is not a critique of the photo at all, just of its relevance to this challenge.

Fred.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    ESiggins wrote:
    This shot has a lot of emotion and I like it, but the corner thing isn't obvious to me. I think if you did a wide angle version where you can see a lot of the room, but still has her as the clear focus of interest, the idea of 'corner' would be more obvious. This is not a critique of the photo at all, just of its relevance to this challenge.

Fred.

I get what you are saying and I think that is an awesome idea! I will be trying this out today!

Thanks again,
    Heather
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Wow, this is a beautiful shot. I love the soft colour, the slight focus interpretation, the downturned eyes...this is the kind of shot that speaks to me. It's different which is, of course, refreshing but it's more than that. I think the colour for me is the best attribute.
    edited October 7, 2006
    damonff wrote:
    Wow, this is a beautiful shot. I love the soft colour, the slight focus interpretation, the downturned eyes...this is the kind of shot that speaks to me. It's different which is, of course, refreshing but it's more than that. I think the colour for me is the best attribute.

Thank you so much!!
    I wasn't sure if it looked too photoshop'ed, but I do like it!

My daughter can give a genuine expression of any, if you tell her what you are looking for! Believe it or not...this was about a minute after she came home and told me she got an A on a math test!!

My furture actress for sure!!

Heather