My Family

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited October 7, 2006 in People
100527500-M.jpg

Wanted to take advantage of the fall colors -- so I planned with wifey that we'd go take photos today. Then we got our wires crossed and were irritated with each other -- you married folk know how that goes -- and we ended up tight for time.

And then the place she had picked had NOT started changing yet -- and the lighting was the same terrible lighting from earlier in the year. I was kicking myself for letting my wife pick the location. I'm the photographer.

Ugh! Don't let that first shot I'm sharing fool you. I did end up with some decent head shots. It's a lot easier to control the light for one person. Had my wife hold up a reflector to block the sun. Otherwise the photos looked like this:

100515678-M.jpg

100513567-M.jpg

Found a place with enough shade for a family portrait -- wasn't particularly thrilled with the background....oh well....you win some, you loose some.

The head shots, though, I was very pleased. Gallery

100513126-M.jpg

Yours truly -- taken by my 11 yr old :)

I used Adobe's Light Room Beta 4 to process the photos. It's still much too slow for processing a wedding. It was tollerable for the 100 or so photos of this set -- and I really liked the colors and the control.

All photos shot with Canon 5d and Canon 85mm f1.8 and Canon 580ex flash.

Lee

Comments

• David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Great photos, Lee. You have some very photogenic daughters, and a very capable up-and-coming assistant :D. I'm sure you'll like that location better when the colours turn more.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Great photos, Lee. You have some very photogenic daughters, and a very capable up-and-coming assistant :D. I'm sure you'll like that location better when the colours turn more.

Thanks. I concur on the beautiful daughters -- it's scary as they get older :)

All 3 are shutter bugs...and the oldest less so, so I was happy to get her involved. At least they still want (demand even) me to take their pictures.

100513220-M.jpg

Another my 11yr old took. I cropped it to help the framing...and I cloned out my shirt tail which was hanging out from under my sweater.

Lee
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    The headshots are great! Your daughters are beautiful. Family pics can be hard to plan but it looks like you got some great pics.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Jnichols wrote:
    The headshots are great! Your daughters are beautiful. Family pics can be hard to plan but it looks like you got some great pics.

Thanks. Headshots are pretty easy -- it's getting great family shots that are so difficult -- :)

Lee