A Wedding Cake

garfonzogarfonzo Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited October 8, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hey there,

I took this photo a while back at a wedding I was at. Thought I'd share it. Any thoughts for improvement?

edit: forgot photo properties
Canon PowerShot A510
1/320s
f/4.5
50mm equivalent

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    i will like to see color version
    Backgorund dont work for me
    on other hand it looks tasty mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    Hmmmm...I have to disagree with Awais! I love the background here. It tells a story in a very subtle way. Both are busy (the BG and the cake) but I think your way of toning it has helped somewhat to quiet the scene. It's different.......I like it for that reason even if it breaks some rules.
  • garfonzogarfonzo Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Hmmmm...I have to disagree with Awais! I love the background here. It tells a story in a very subtle way. Both are busy (the BG and the cake) but I think your way of toning it has helped somewhat to quiet the scene. It's different.......I like it for that reason even if it breaks some rules.

That is primarily why I like this shot. The sepia keeps the tone almost like a memory while the whole picture captures the evening. There was dancing, eating, talking and good memories.

Thanks for the comments :D:D
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    garfonzo wrote:
    That is primarily why I like this shot. The sepia keeps the tone almost like a memory while the whole picture captures the evening. There was dancing, eating, talking and good memories.

Thanks for the comments :D:D

what garfonzo said
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2006
    garfonzo wrote:
    Hey there,

I took this photo a while back at a wedding I was at. Thought I'd share it. Any thoughts for improvement?

edit: forgot photo properties
    Canon PowerShot A510
    1/320s
    f/4.5
    50mm equivalent

Lovely shot......... my mother and I used to decorate Wedding Cakes years ago, pre to my digital camera days rolleyes1.gif

I really like how you have post processed the image, looks great clap.gif
    ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • garfonzogarfonzo Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Lovely shot......... my mother and I used to decorate Wedding Cakes years ago, pre to my digital camera days rolleyes1.gif

I really like how you have post processed the image, looks great clap.gif
    ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks for all the comments. I actually haven't touched the picture at all. I took this shot in sepia mode on my camera and haven't done any post processing. That's how it came out of the camera.

Thanks for the C&C

:ivar