*DONATED* For Donation: USB 2.0 Compact Flash Reader

dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
edited December 28, 2004 in Flea Market
I have a very compact USB 2.0 compact flash reader I can't use. I bought it about 2 months ago when I started shooting raw w/ my D70.

Long story short, the box said Mac compatible so I bought it. I got it home and tried it out, no luck. I called support and they said it won't work...ever. Tried to return it, but no luck. Its been sitting in a box ever since.

Hi-Speed ZiO! CompactFlash Digital Media Reader/Writer

If you know of a church, temple, school...etc that needs something like this, please let me know.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season & staying warm out there.

Thanks!
Dave

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

great idea! and good holiday spirit of giving :D
    dkapp wrote:
    I have a very compact USB 2.0 compact flash reader I can't use. I bought it about 2 months ago when I started shooting raw w/ my D70.

Long story short, the box said Mac compatible so I bought it. I got it home and tried it out, no luck. I called support and they said it won't work...ever. Tried to return it, but no luck. Its been sitting in a box ever since.

If you know of a church, temple, school...etc that needs something like this, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Dave
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    No hits on this one yet. How about you make a donation to a good cause, and I'll send it to you. I'll just use the honor system, so you don't have to send me a donation receipt. Just remember god is watching you.

Dave
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    I'm not a charity, but..
    I can probaly use it.. All mines are usb1..
    And because I'm not a charity - I can probably afford to buy it from you - if the price is right:-).
    And if not me - Helen, my youngest, can possibly you is for the school paper (which she's in) - they all went digital nowadays, you know.. Although, maybe not, she said they only have Macs..

What's the model and what would be your price on it? That is, if you're instrested, of course:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • NDebNDeb Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    For Donation: USB 2.0 Compact Flash REader
    Hi, Dave! Happy Holidays to you! Do you still have the compact flash reader available? I am a behavioral counselor at an Intermediate School in Hawaii. I've been taking photos of the kids and activities and our class can sure use the compact flash reader. I have been downloading the photos via the camera and it uses up the battery. Please email me at: dnanod8@cs.com thanks!

dkapp wrote:

Thanks!
    Dave
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    I can probaly use it.. All mines are usb1..
    And because I'm not a charity - I can probably afford to buy it from you - if the price is right:-).
    And if not me - Helen, my youngest, can possibly you is for the school paper (which she's in) - they all went digital nowadays, you know.. Although, maybe not, she said they only have Macs..

What's the model and what would be your price on it? That is, if you're instrested, of course:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif

If they only have Macs, it will not be of any use to them.

Since you were the first to reply, it is yours if you want to make a donation to a local charity of any amount. All I will need is an address to ship to. You can just PM me the info.

If you are not interested, NDeb is next in line. It looks like they will be a good home too. I wish I had more to give away :(

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • NDebNDeb Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    For Donation: USB 2.0 Compact Flash Reader
    Hi Dave,thanks for the info. Our school recently obtained brand new PCs, very few have Macs. We use a Dell Inspiron laptop. If Nikolai doesn't take it, we'd be happy to receive the compact flash reader. -debbie

dkapp wrote:
    If they only have Macs, it will not be of any use to them.

Since you were the first to reply, it is yours if you want to make a donation to a local charity of any amount. All I will need is an address to ship to. You can just PM me the info.

If you are not interested, NDeb is next in line. It looks like they will be a good home too. I wish I had more to give away :(

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2004
    NDeb it is then
    Thank you,
    you're a good man!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"