Tiny Wildflower Stack 1

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited October 8, 2006 in Holy Macro
First, I had to construct a makeshift macro rail, work the bugs out mounting the camera just right. Then, using a 25mm eyepiece off of a Meade 4-inch reflecting telescope attached upside down on the inner lens barrel of a Canon Powershot A520 (such an impressive-sounding name for such a small camera), and setting the manual focus as close as it would go...along with f/8 fixed aperture at ISO 50, I started shooting.

After that, I FINALLY used the CombineZM focus stacking software I had downloaded two months ago.

For comparisons, I'll have one of the frames as a before-image, with the stacked image after that.

I think the software has some potential, but what do I know!

Here's a "before":
Steve-o

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    ...and here's the "after":
    Steve-o
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Forehead wrote:
    First, I had to construct a makeshift macro rail, work the bugs out mounting the camera just right. Then, using a 25mm eyepiece off of a Meade 4-inch reflecting telescope attached upside down on the inner lens barrel of a Canon Powershot A520 (such an impressive-sounding name for such a small camera), and setting the manual focus as close as it would go...along with f/8 fixed aperture at ISO 50, I started shooting.

After that, I FINALLY used the CombineZM focus stacking software I had downloaded two months ago.

For comparisons, I'll have one of the frames as a before-image, with the stacked image after that.

I think the software has some potential, but what do I know!

Here's a "before":

Gosh yes one can clearly see the difference in the before and after effects of stacking ..... how many images did you stack for the after result ??
    ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Wow clear difference eek7.gif
    thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery