Inside the cockpit

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited October 10, 2006 in Holy Macro
What do you feel about this photo ? Handheld !!
101334482-M.jpg
Date Taken: 2006-10-07 22:35:00 Date Digitized: 2006-10-07 22:35:00 Date Modified: 2006-10-08 17:59:35 Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 20D Size: 3779x2598 Bytes: 4917406 Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 3200 Focal Length: 16mm (guess: 16mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.1s (1/10) Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Exposure Program: Normal program Exposure Bias: -0.333333333333 ExposureMode: 0 White Balance: auto ColorSpace: sRGB
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    I guess that airline security is a little softer where you're at, as there's NO WAY anyone (passengers and most crew, even) could get a shot like that in the air anymore in the US.

Oh, and the avionics are a little behind what we Southwest Frequent Flyers see in the cockpit of the Boeing 737-D's...when they're on the ground, that is! :D

And WHAT? No rear-view mirror???
    Steve-o
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Forehead wrote:
    I guess that airline security is a little softer where you're at, as there's NO WAY anyone (passengers and most crew, even) could get a shot like that in the air anymore in the US.

Oh, and the avionics are a little behind what we Southwest Frequent Flyers see in the cockpit of the Boeing 737-D's...when they're on the ground, that is! :D

And WHAT? No rear-view mirror???
    Steve.
    Not everybody in the world is so concerned about security as you americans are...
    You probably know that US citizans are not welcome in certain parts of the word as say ... Portuguese. :D
    Anyway: did you like the photo ? Mirror or no mirror, old or modern instruments ... we don't care do we ?
    thumb.gif
    edited October 8, 2006
    I was thinking ...
    What's the problem of this shot in the cockpit ?
    I'm no terrorist ...
    I am a peacefull man ...:D
    I'm a portuguese I don't know for how many generations ... :D
    I would like to be Peace all over the World without sacrifices of Human Beeings and respect for the Human Rights. :D
    But this will never come !...
    thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    What do you feel about this photo ? Handheld !!

Date Taken: 2006-10-07 22:35:00 Date Digitized: 2006-10-07 22:35:00 Date Modified: 2006-10-08 17:59:35 Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 20D Size: 3779x2598 Bytes: 4917406 Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 3200 Focal Length: 16mm (guess: 16mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.1s (1/10) Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Exposure Program: Normal program Exposure Bias: -0.333333333333 ExposureMode: 0 White Balance: auto ColorSpace: sRGB

I'm stunned you were allowed in the cockpit too eek7.gif
    You wouldn't be able to do that in Australia either Antonio.

Wow you used ISO 3200, cool ! its a little noisey but heck you can see quite a lot inside and outside the aircraft, and hand held too thumb.gif

Good shot clap.gif .... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited October 8, 2006
    I liked!

I was just having a bit of fun here:D

Oh, and NOT BAD for ISO 3200!
    Steve.
    Not everybody in the world is so concerned about security as you americans are...
    You probably know that US citizans are not welcome in certain parts of the word as say ... Portuguese. :D
    Anyway: did you like the photo ? Mirror or no mirror, old or modern instruments ... we don't care do we ?
    thumb.gif
    Steve-o
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    wow nice shot :D great even handheld
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    I LOVE this shot! I've been interested in stuff like this for a very long time. I think it would be a real fun job being an airline pilot. Great capture!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
    edited October 9, 2006
    Thank you for the comments everybody..
    When I asked the steewart (the lady) I thought:
    If they let me in it's going to be funny and if they don't ... well...
    I triyed at least.

I am sure that this was a rare opportunity these days ...:D
    It's something I'll try next time, wherever I fly:D
    thumb.gif
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    I would like to be Peace all over the World without sacrifices of Human Beeings and respect for the Human Rights. :D

100% agree!

Nice photo, did you take this with an IS lens...either way, I don't know how you managed to get a steady shot in the air, my plane rides always tend to be bumpy.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
    edited October 9, 2006
    SpeshulEd wrote:
    ...Nice photo, did you take this with an IS lens...either way, I don't know how you managed to get a steady shot in the air, my plane rides always tend to be bumpy.
    Thank you for the comment.
    I shot handheld and I was lucky.
    I made 2 or 3 shots but this one came out all right.
    The lens is a 16-35 L USM Canon without IS.
    I guess it was lucky and know how :D
    This is like the photo I have taken in Malaysia:
    65676676-M.jpg
    Date Taken:
    2006-04-15 04:31:36 Date Modified: 2006-04-22 18:15:11 Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 20D Size: 4026x5638 Bytes: 2565313 Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 3200 Focal Length: 16mm Exposure Time: 0.0333s (1/30) Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Exposure Program: Normal program Exposure Bias: 0 ColorSpace: sRGB
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    Steve.
    I dont understand what you just said rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 9, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    I dont understand what you just said rolleyes1.gif
    I mean that US citizans are not welcome in many countries of the World, for example in many Arab Countries.

On the contrary Portuguese, because they are not so important people (no joke) as americans, are welcome in many, many countries.

OK ?

Did I made myself clear ? Did I explain myself better now ? Hope so. :D
    thumb.gif
    edited October 9, 2006
    I think the US citizens are still welcome, just not with the open arms we were once welcomed with...its sad to say that the politicians we have in office seem to have left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

Its a shame, because we're not all bad, in fact the majority of us are fun loving, peaceful individuals.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    Antonio - I really like the fact that you can see a city on the ground through the window. It makes the shot much more interesting than if it were just black or clouds or something. I doubt you had much to do with deciding where the plane was pointing, but nice timing and composition anyway.

I think one of the reasons people are surprised about them letting you take photos is because in the US and other places the autorities now prevent people from taking pictures of anything that's a potential terrorist target (bridges, trains, power plants). It's really nice to see that there are still some trusting people in the world, 'cuz honestly all this security doens't make me feel better at all. Keep it up!

Fred.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
    edited October 9, 2006
    SpeshulEd wrote:
    I think the US citizens are still welcome, just not with the open arms we were once welcomed with...its sad to say that the politicians we have in office seem to have left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

Its a shame, because we're not all bad, in fact the majority of us are fun loving, peaceful individuals.

Thank you for your words.
    This is exactlly what I meant but my english ... doesn't let me say it.
    Thank you. You did very well and I agree with you.

Bead people there are everywhere.
    So there is good people.
    The common citizan (american, portuguese, whatsoever) has nothing to do with certain kind of politics from those they elect themselves.
    :Deek7.gif
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    I mean that US citizans are not welcome in many countries of the World, for example in many Arab Countries.

On the contrary Portuguese, because they are not so important people (no joke) as americans, are welcome in many, many countries.
    Please take this as "educational" for all readers, and not critical of your culture in particular. Every nationality, every culture, is welcome in some place, and unwelcome in others. To single out the Portuguese to make my point, not many people will know that the Portuguese (and Spanish) would not have been welcome in my home province of Newfoundland in the early 1990s, due to a dispute over fishing rights. It became an international incident. Although it was between Canada and the EU, tensions were highest between Canada and Spain, and to a lesser degree Portugal. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War

Similarly, Canadians (I am one) have generally enjoyed been welcome most any place, but I am willing to bet we're not too welcome in Afghanistan right now.

The moral of my story is that there's always going to be someone out there who will welcome you, and someone who would rather you remove yourself from their doorstep.

Jamie
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    SpeshulEd wrote:

I had a horrible attitude towards Americans until the mid 90s when I first started travelling in the US and met "real" Americans. I learned that, as in my own country, what the politicians say doesn't necessarily reflect the will of the people, and even when it does, there's still plenty of dissent. I now look forward to my US trips to mingle with my neighbours.

Jamie
    edited October 9, 2006
    life is too short to dislike people you haven't met. thumb.gif

not to mention, I've yet to meet a Canadian I didn't love.
    edited October 9, 2006
    That's not entirely accurate. I fly frequently, and have taken numerous shots of power plants, bridges, and such (a few have even been posted on Dgrin). We're still allowed to take cameras on planes and take pictures from the windows--if they're CLEAN enough, that is:D

Anyone with internet access can get on GoogleEarth, TerraServer, and similar websites and get aerial or satellite images of just about anything--even B2 bombers sitting on the ground at a Lockheed desert site, for instance.

Seeing something is one thing. Getting AT it is another!
    ESiggins wrote:
    Antonio - I really like the fact that you can see a city on the ground through the window. It makes the shot much more interesting than if it were just black or clouds or something. I doubt you had much to do with deciding where the plane was pointing, but nice timing and composition anyway.

I think one of the reasons people are surprised about them letting you take photos is because in the US and other places the autorities now prevent people from taking pictures of anything that's a potential terrorist target (bridges, trains, power plants). It's really nice to see that there are still some trusting people in the world, 'cuz honestly all this security doens't make me feel better at all. Keep it up!

Fred.
    Steve-o
    edited October 9, 2006
    ESiggins wrote:

Fred.
    Fred.
    This shot has nothing to do with the position of the plane at that very moment.
    I can even tell you that I only saw the lights of the city at home !

I do understand that this - me coming into the cockpit - may be dangerous.

I was watering the garden, some moments ago and I thought this:
    1. I look like a normal guy. I mean dress, look, etc. You can see how I look somewhere in my site.
    2. Imagine someone looking like a bagger, smelling bead.

The procedure towards a person depends on the look at that person.
    Would he be allowed ?
    The air company is not potuguese.

Sometimes I put the facts to extremes and try to understand them.
    Fascism and communism are equals.
    Democracy stays in between. I like democracy.

But let me tell you that sometimes the security in the US airports fail dramatically. I have experienced this once. But it was before the 911.

I was told that now, it's a drama to go throught !!!

Heath. thumb.gif
    edited October 9, 2006
    It's amazing how much "chatter" a shot can stir up sometimes:D
    Fred.
    This shot has nothing to do with the position of the plane at that very moment.
    I can even tell you that I only saw the lights of the city at home !

I do understand that this - me coming into the cockpit - may be dangerous.

I was watering the garden, some moments ago and I thought this:
    1. I look like a normal guy. I mean dress, look, etc. You can see how I look somewhere in my site.
    2. Imagine someone looking like a bagger, smelling bead.

The procedure towards a person depends on the look at that person.
    Would he be allowed ?
    The air company is not potuguese.

Sometimes I put the facts to extremes and try to understand them.
    Fascism and communism are equals.
    Democracy stays in between. I like democracy.

But let me tell you that sometimes the security in the US airports fail dramatically. I have experienced this once. But it was before the 911.

I was told that now, it's a drama to go throught !!!

Heath. thumb.gif
    Steve-o
    edited October 9, 2006
    JamieC wrote:
    Please take this as "educational" for all readers, and not critical of your culture in particular. Every nationality, every culture, is welcome in some place, and unwelcome in others. To single out the Portuguese to make my point, not many people will know that the Portuguese (and Spanish) would not have been welcome in my home province of Newfoundland in the early 1990s, due to a dispute over fishing rights. It became an international incident. Although it was between Canada and the EU, tensions were highest between Canada and Spain, and to a lesser degree Portugal. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War

Similarly, Canadians (I am one) have generally enjoyed been welcome most any place, but I am willing to bet we're not too welcome in Afghanistan right now.

The moral of my story is that there's always going to be someone out there who will welcome you, and someone who would rather you remove yourself from their doorstep.

Jamie
    Thank you Jamie.
    Instrutive.
    thumb.gif
    edited October 9, 2006
    JamieC wrote:
    I had a horrible attitude towards Americans until the mid 90s when I first started travelling in the US and met "real" Americans. I learned that, as in my own country, what the politicians say doesn't necessarily reflect the will of the people, and even when it does, there's still plenty of dissent. I now look forward to my US trips to mingle with my neighbours.

Jamie

This is quite normal and I agree with you.
    It happened to me.
    thumb.gif
  • navigator72navigator72 Banned Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    I like it
    As a commercial pilot, I can say I like the photo. Good Job
    edited October 10, 2006
    As a commercial pilot, I can say I like the photo. Good Job
    Muito obrigado.
    Plain and simple.