Options

#75, two possibilities

Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Anyone care to comment on a preferencs of one or the other (or neither one?)
Thanks!
100855979-L.jpg
100856054-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 8, 2006
    The first shot is my personal choice. Is that the full frame or was it cropped? I might try and take little of the left side to get rid of the light wall on the far corner. If it's cropped I'd even try and bring in a touch more on the top and bottom. Either way it's a nice photo for the theme.
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Wow, thats all I have to say - #1 is spectacular. Great great job! I would crop out the light wall on the left of the image however. #2 is also nice, but #1 is great! It would get my vote in the top 10!
  • Options
    ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    My vote goes for #1 also. I think it's better because while both are equally well done shots, the first one has a more interesting subject.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2006
    Thanks for your reply Truth, Swintonphoto, and Esiggins! I may end up reshooting number one. There was a heavy object that I may try to move (if I don't get in trouble) to the lower right. The shadow is there. I also like the idea of getting more above and below the image, and a nice crop of the left bright wall idea.
    Thanks again,
    Steve
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    I really like shot 1 as well.
    You might want to spend some time in PP cleaning up the walls if you have the ability to.
    The marks distract me when I'm looking at this.
    This is JMO though.
    Good work!
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    the first one is great, I agree with the tighter crop on the right side.

I know you mentioned moving something...I was thinking if there was something in the bottom left corner it'd be more interesting. It'd also help signify how big this thing is, it looks like it could be rather tall.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM