Upgrading from Pentax *ist D to K10D

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited October 26, 2006 in Cameras
Pentax has released a new camera, which you're probably all aware of, i'm not sure when they released it, but I'm thinking of trading in my *ist D and a few hundred dollars to get a new K10D. I'm excited about the new image stabilizing system on the chip. That means I don't have to get rid of my current lenses!

Has anyone used the new camera though?
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    Pentax has released a new camera, which you're probably all aware of, i'm not sure when they released it, but I'm thinking of trading in my *ist D and a few hundred dollars to get a new K10D. I'm excited about the new image stabilizing system on the chip. That means I don't have to get rid of my current lenses!

Has anyone used the new camera though?

It won't be available until the end of the month at the earliest. More likely mid November.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Oh... I thought their site said October.
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Their site says early November. I'm a Canon user, currently I use a Canon 20D with a variety of L's. I shoot a lot of sports.

Having said that, when I was recommending a camera to someone else, I found the K10D very appealing. If I didn't shoot sports I think I might be switiching! Weather sealed, on chip image stabilising, good price, great view finder, a range of USM style autofocus lenses coming out. I think it's the new hot lick.
  • pug8pug8 Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    The news from the Japanese Pentax site is that the release date has been pushed back to 30th November. I'm going to order one from the camera store tomorrow (will use my store member points and possibly trade in my *ist DS to reduce the price :D).