Actions - Save dialog popping up

chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited October 12, 2006 in Finishing School
I tried searching for this one but couldn't think of any terms to look up; because I don't really know what it's called.

Heres my problem:

I'm having the hardest time with this action. I can create actions easily but I don't want the save file size dialog pop up (small, medium, maximum jpeg size).

What could i possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
---
Chris
Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
Canon 10D | 20D | 5D

Comments

• SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    are you trying to save in your action?

for my save to jpeg action, I continue recording all the way through the save dialog...the last process in the action being the closing of the file.

I usually then will load a bunch of files into photoshop, and click on automate batch. It'll go through all the pictures, save them, and close each one as it goes.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • 01af01af Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    How to automate image processing in Photoshop
    To process many image files, you need to create an Action that processes exactly one file. First load one of the images. Then start recording your Action and do whatever needs to be done to the image. The Action must not include the file open command. Then save the file using File > Save As, selecting JPEG as the file type and then setting all the JPEG parameters to your requirements. Then stop recording the Action, so it will include the file save commend.

Now click on File > Automate > Batch, select your Action, and select the folder that contains your source files. Also select another folder to receive the processed files. And here's the trick: Leave the checkbox called 'Override Action "Open" Commands' unchecked but do check the 'Override Action "Save As" Commands' checkbox! Finally, select a way to name the processed files and hit OK.

That's it.

-- Olaf
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    01af wrote:
    and select the folder that contains your source files.

never knew that trick, I'm gonna have to try it out.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    01af wrote:
    To process many image files, you need to create an Action that processes exactly one file. First load one of the images. Then start recording your Action and do whatever needs to be done to the image. The Action must not include the file open command. Then save the file using File > Save As, selecting JPEG as the file type and then setting all the JPEG parameters to your requirements. Then stop recording the Action, so it will include the file save commend.

Now click on File > Automate > Batch, select your Action, and select the folder that contains your source files. Also select another folder to receive the processed files. And here's the trick: Leave the checkbox called 'Override Action "Open" Commands' unchecked but do check the 'Override Action "Save As" Commands' checkbox! Finally, select a way to name the processed files and hit OK.

That's it.

-- Olaf

Or you can record the open action and then check the 'Override Action "Open" Commands'.

I have all my batch commands this way.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me