Options

CName & Domain Name

kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited October 9, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Prewarning...I'm probably going to be posting LOTS of questions because I'm having a heck of a time getting the basics that I want done completed on my site. I went to joker.com and registered for my domain name. Then I followed the tutorial on getting the CNAME thing all worked out and it said I was successful. That was done yesterday. Then I came back to smugmug and went to my control panel and changed my domain name to www.herrmannphotography.com and it's still not going to my smugmug site. When I put that in my browser, it goes to joker.com and says my domain was registered successfully. What in the world is my retarded self doing wrong? :scratch
* My Mug *

~ * ~ Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young ~ * ~

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Prewarning...I'm probably going to be posting LOTS of questions because I'm having a heck of a time getting the basics that I want done completed on my site. I went to joker.com and registered for my domain name. Then I followed the tutorial on getting the CNAME thing all worked out and it said I was successful. That was done yesterday. Then I came back to smugmug and went to my control panel and changed my domain name to www.herrmannphotography.com and it's still not going to my smugmug site. When I put that in my browser, it goes to joker.com and says my domain was registered successfully. What in the world is my retarded self doing wrong? headscratch.gif
    Joker, and all of them, don't make it very easy.

Looking at the IP your domain pings to, it's not CNAME Aliased to SmugMug. No worries!

Why not send me your credentials, and I'll do it for you. Send your domain name, your joker login and pw, to help@smugmug.com ATTN Andy and I'll sort you out tonight :D
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Joker, and all of them, don't make it very easy.

Looking at the IP your domain pings to, it's not CNAME Aliased to SmugMug. No worries!

Why not send me your credentials, and I'll do it for you. Send your domain name, your joker login and pw, to help@smugmug.com ATTN Andy and I'll sort you out tonight :D

Thanks Andy. I just sent it. thumb.gif
    * My Mug *

• Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Thanks Andy. I just sent it. thumb.gif
    And I just did it for you. It *can* take 24-48 hours for Joker to get it populated out all over the net. But our experience is that it's usually MUCH faster.

Stay tuned thumb.gif

Happy to be of servcie.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And I just did it for you. It *can* take 24-48 hours for Joker to get it populated out all over the net. But our experience is that it's usually MUCH faster.

Stay tuned thumb.gif

Happy to be of servcie.

Ah shucks...thanks man. Will you be my new hero? bowdown.gif

:D
    * My Mug *

• Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    kris10 wrote:
    Ah shucks...thanks man. Will you be my new hero? bowdown.gif

:D