How Do You Pros Track Sales?

alixmilesalixmiles Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 11, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Question for you guys

What do you guys use to keep track of Sales? I know we will get a report from Smugmug...but what program do you use to track things?

Barry
www.lawsonimages.com

Will trade 2 crisp examples of the "Kit Lens" for a 400mm 2.8

Comments

• alixmilesalixmiles Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    alixmiles wrote:
    Question for you guys

What do you guys use to keep track of Sales? I know we will get a report from Smugmug...but what program do you use to track things?

Barry

Someone?????Anyone???

Right now my wife is doing it manually. I would like a good spreadsheet that she can use to track sales and expenses. Any thoughts outside of the normal excel spreadsheet. Just curious what you guys are using.

Thanks
    www.lawsonimages.com

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    import into excel..... just wish we had file names in the csv too :)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    alixmiles wrote:
    Question for you guys

Barry

Have you looked at SmugSales from www.smugtools.com ? It's alpha, but pretty cool - nice spreadsheet by Smugger Luke Church.
  • alixmilesalixmiles Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Have you looked at SmugSales from www.smugtools.com ? It's alpha, but pretty cool - nice spreadsheet by Smugger Luke Church.

I looked at that...but what I mean is an overall financial tool to manage your whole photography business. I dont do all my business through Smugmug.

I want to be able to capture all my expenses, mileage etc
    as well as my sales. This would make it easier on me and also easier at the end of the year to know if I need more expenses.

Thanks,
    Barry
    www.lawsonimages.com

• jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    alixmiles wrote:
    I looked at that...but what I mean is an overall financial tool to manage your whole photography business. I dont do all my business through Smugmug.

I want to be able to capture all my expenses, mileage etc
    as well as my sales. This would make it easier on me and also easier at the end of the year to know if I need more expenses.

Thanks,
    Barry

Have you looked at Qucken Home and Business?

http://quicken.intuit.com/small_business.jhtml?lid=left_nav_no_rollover

I don't have that much of a need for it now, but something I wish I had back when I was self employed. I use Quicken Deluxe and really like it and would think the business added features in the above version would be pretty cool.

jww