Plug for the Panasonic DMC-FX01

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited October 10, 2006 in Cameras
I picked up one of these sleek digicams a few month's back and I have to say I'm very impressed with what you can do with these little guys these days. The Panasonic DMC-FX01 is a 6MP camera with a Leica wide-angle zoom lens (goes down to 28mm for 35mm equivalent) and has optical image stabilization. The ISO performance is subpar but that's hardly an issue if you're using it for day-time scenics or you can set it on a sturdy surface.

Here are some shots I was able to capture with this little guy the other day.

101097130-L.jpg

101094099-L.jpg

101094088-L.jpg

I can only imagine this new generation of digicams announced in concert with Photokina are even better. It's quite a revolutionary time we live in when it comes to photographic technology.

Erich

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    A few other examples....
    101375893-L.jpg

101375878-L.jpg

101375882-L.jpg

Erich
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 10, 2006
    Eric,

I agree. I have been playing with the Panasonic DMC-LX1, which is about the size of a deck of cards, and I find I can make grainless 8x10 prints with it if I do my part. Very handy little camera.

I use it right along side my 20D when I am travelling, and use which ever is the most convenient. The big LCD viewfinder makes it good for candid shots too. The higher ISOs are noisy, but the IS works pretty well also for slow shutter speeds.

I used it to capture this image in the Eklund Hotel in Clayton NM.

94996584-M.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Eric,

I agree. I have been playing with the Panasonic DMC-LX1, which is about the size of a deck of cards, and I find I can make grainless 8x10 prints with it if I do my part. Very handy little camera.

I use it right along side my 20D when I am travelling, and use which ever is the most convenient. The big LCD viewfinder makes it good for candid shots too. The higher ISOs are noisy, but the IS works pretty well also for slow shutter speeds.

I used it to capture this image in the Eklund Hotel in Clayton NM.

PF,

The LX1 is the one I wanted in the first place but I settled for the cheaper and more compact model at the time. I miss the exposure control and RAW output with this model but I seem to be able to work around it using the various scene modes and exposure compensations.

I agree the IS works well. And you can't beat the accessibility.

Erich