Soup (yes, that's what she call herself)

FirdRossFirdRoss Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 10, 2006 in People
Hi there :)

I've never shot in a studio properly before, and last weekend, I went to this one workshop that teaches me how to use multiple flashguns to take photos a-la studio shots.

Many pointed out my composition and framing needs to be reworked, but the thing is, they didn't tell me how can I improve - as in, how and what should I be looking for.

Take a look and do tell me what you guys think and which part can I improve. Many thanks! (comments can be made here or flickr. Either way works :D)

265693407_e8558efb33.jpg

265680340_58b1456bae.jpg

265634856_20853aadae.jpg

Edit : I've found some links on the sticky above. Reading them!

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    • is very good (IMO), but I would not have cropped her head so drastically. The look reminds me of what people look like when they are wearing a motorcycle helmet.
    • Posing - maybe to much weight on her arms, pushes her shoulders up into her face too much.
    • I just really like this one. Nice compo, good focus, good light, good color. Good!
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    I know nothing about fashion photography, but I actually really like the first shot. I like the odd crop and it's unusual for me to like weird crops. But I think it works with her stance and her expression, for some reason...

The second one is nice, but a bit boring to me. The third has too harsh shadows.

Sorry I can't give you more feedback, but for your first try, I would think these are good!