Corner: EXIF help :(

GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited October 10, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This would be my first participation on the contest.
I'm from Montreal and I went to Dallas for the weekend, most of you should know that corner below, most famous corner in the USA I think, unfortunately for sad reasons.

But The problem is that I took the picture in RAW, I used a GIMP plug in (UFraw) to save it in JPEG.

But it seems the picture has lost the exif info along the process, when I upload it on smugmug there is no link for exif.
I could always go back to the RAW file and get the info manually in the thread, but what I wanted to link it to smugmug directly.

So 2x questions:
-Do you think this picture is CORNER enough ?
-Any suggestions on how to keep the exit info from RAW to JPEG with UFRAW?

Thanks

101339374-L.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Granit wrote:
    But The problem is that I took the picture in RAW, I used a GIMP plug in (UFraw) to save it in JPEG.

But it seems the picture has lost the exif info along the process, when I upload it on smugmug there is no link for exif.

First off - we're on the honor system here. Typed in exif is just fine.

But secondly, there *must* be a way to preserve the exif. I suspect you are using a "save for web" routine or some such, which by design, strips the exif. Is there a "Save As" command in your software?
  • GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    First off - we're on the honor system here. Typed in exif is just fine.

But secondly, there *must* be a way to preserve the exif. I suspect you are using a "save for web" routine or some such, which by design, strips the exif. Is there a "Save As" command in your software?

Yes I used save as...but have not selected anything in peticular just changed the name and format (jpeg). I will check if there was a "save for web" options should I select it or not?
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    To answer your other question - yeah, I think this is the corneriest corner shot yet. I really like the way you've managed to get both street signs, the corner of the building and the monument all in the frame. You might want to add just a little contrast in PS to make it pop a bit.

Fred.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    I downloaded the Capture NX trial. I think I will buy it soon anyway.

My problem is solved, I have the EXIF now.

As for the picture...I did increase contrast a little and I am about to post it for the challenge. Thx for the input :)