originals showing up in gallery?

jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
edited October 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Greetings all!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. One of my galleries was showing an original on the page among the rest of the page!! I don't allow originals... so kinda weird how it happened!

Once I deleted the pic, it all was fine... Then I found another with this issue and once I deleted the pic that was showing up, that repaired itself as well. I should have left it so it could be looked into, but didn't want the original sitting there as it was very confusing!!

Thanks!
jww

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    jww wrote:
    Greetings all!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. One of my galleries was showing an original on the page among the rest of the page!! I don't allow originals... so kinda weird how it happened!

Once I deleted the pic, it all was fine... Then I found another with this issue and once I deleted the pic that was showing up, that repaired itself as well. I should have left it so it could be looked into, but didn't want the original sitting there as it was very confusing!!

Thanks!
    jww
    Hi, we'd need the gallery and image in order to troubleshoot this - but you've deleted them. Are you certain of your settings?

Can you please provide the gallery link? Thanks.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we'd need the gallery and image in order to troubleshoot this - but you've deleted them. Are you certain of your settings?

Can you please provide the gallery link? Thanks.

Hi Andy,

Sorry, but yes.. I deleted those two as they were quite huge in the middle of a gallery page. I should have waited, but I didn't since I happened into the issue by following links back from statcounter. I was mostly wondering if anyone else had encountered the issue.

Here is the gallery link and the page that contained the original..

http://jwwwebdesign.smugmug.com/gallery/1958156/5/99516248

I create the galleries the same way with the XP uploader which defaults to what I used last, so I am pretty sure that would have followed suit so to speak. If I see it happen again, I will try making the gallery private and then send you the link.

Thanks for your help!
    jww
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    jww wrote:
    ... I happened into the issue by following links back from statcounter. I was mostly wondering if anyone else had encountered the issue.

jww

sometimes statcounter will report that a user had accessed an original, but if you follow the "original" link, you just get the Large pic (when original's are turned off)
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 10, 2006
    jww wrote:
    Hi Andy,

Sorry, but yes.. I deleted those two as they were quite huge in the middle of a gallery page.
    so you're saying that instead of the thumbnail, the original image was being displayed?
    Pedal faster
    edited October 10, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    sometimes statcounter will report that a user had accessed an original, but if you follow the "original" link, you just get the Large pic (when original's are turned off)

True! (strange, but True!) ...I found that out awhile ago, but really appreciate your advice!
    edited October 10, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    so you're saying that instead of the thumbnail, the original image was being displayed?

YUP!! It was quite large! It was like in the 3rd row of thumbs.. I will have to look to see if I might have tried rotating a pic while still loading.. That is the only thing I can remember that I might have done "wacky".

However, I suspect aliens.. ;)

:s85