School pics, by mom

ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited October 16, 2006 in People
Isaac is starting home school for kindergarten, and I did his "cheesy" school pics myself. One studio light with softbox, and one home depot light in place of the reflector I don't have set up.

50mm lens. Exif is embedded, but ISO was 100-200, Aps 2.2-4.0 and SS less than 250.

DSC_0042sm.jpg

DSC_0040sm.jpg

Little brother had his pic taken too...

DSC_0053sm.jpg

And hotty hubby too...

DSC_0007sm-1.jpg

And Hotty Hubby helped me get in a few. There are more on my blog. Thanks for letting me share!

DSC_0083sm.jpg
Zoe (Nikon toys)
zb Photography
Blog

Comments

• SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    nicely done. much better than the school pics I had taken many many many years ago. :D
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Definitely better than the school photos I knew!! Great photos... and cute belly!
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    The photos are magnific.
    The last one is very tender, soft and nice. There is a great armony armony of colors...
    The only thing I don't like so much is that the light in the faces is a little too strong. At least it looks to me in my monitor.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    Thank you everyone!

Antonio, they are much brighter on the right but not blown. I'm having an interesting time figuring out the best set up for a one-light studio. But, I do prefer a little shadowing for depth.
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    These are awesome. I relly like shots where the subject is looking into the camera - you can tell a lot about the relationship to the photographer (it's a subjective artform, so why hide it?) and a lot about the characer of the subject. Based on these alone, I like your family. Your husband looks like Tim Roth, too, and that's cool (tim roth). The one of him and the first one are the best, I reckon. The one of your husband also seems just a little sharper than your sons, and the sharpness helps, I think.
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    The lighting on these is very good! Kid shots are so cute, especially "little brother".

Not only is hubby a hottie, so is wifey. Congratulations on the pending addition to the family. On the basis of these photos, I would think it safe to say the new addition will arrive into a very warm and caring environment.
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Very nice pics, I like them alot.

the only thing that I bugged me, was that tops of three heads are cut off :)

None the less, Great job!

Ben
    edited October 12, 2006
    Ah, you guys are so kind! Thank you for the nice feedback. iloveyou.gif (why is this emoticon titled "lust?")
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Hi those are nice shots thumb.gif

Meanwhile, there is a little issue on them: with these kind of candid pose, you may need to avoid cutting their head :D
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
    edited October 12, 2006
    Oh come one guys! I love chopping heads. mwink.gif
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    great job zoe! the eyes are brilliant!
    i'd love to see one of you and the hubby, and one of the whole fam.
  • bigfredtnbigfredtn Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Can you post a picture of your lighting set up? The pictures are very good.
    BigFredTN
    Memphis area (Wish I were back in East TN)
    Canon 30D
    Canon Digital Rebel 300D(My 1st DSLR)
    Canon G3 (a very good P&S)
    Canon 85 1.8
    Canon 18-55 kit lens
    Sigma 70-200 2.8
    Sigma 2x converter
    Tamaron 28-75 2.8
    Tamaron 17-50 2.8
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Zoe wrote:
    Oh come one guys! I love chopping heads. mwink.gif

How cute you are :D
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
    edited October 16, 2006
    bigfredtn wrote:
    Can you post a picture of your lighting set up? The pictures are very good.

Shoot! I had a session today and was going to back up and get a shot of the set up and forgot. Its very simple: Backdrop and 50" softbox/light camera right. I also have a window camera left that is awesome for fill. But its not a very big window, and I am seeing a second light in my future.

DSC_0051sm-1.jpg
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog