Feature request

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited October 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
OK! I know that this is probably the wrong place to put it, but my eyes are all buggy and reading this small text is making my eyes sore - if this is not the right place, please feel free to move it. Or delete it. (shrug)

In the text boxes where we add text for example in the bio section, or caption settings (for my diary area I use journal setting, add one photo then edit the caption to add my diary). I find these text boxes too small.

Normally, when I add text to the text box (as described above), I have the wife leave me a notepad file of the diary entry then I cut and paste it to the text box.

Now, the problem is: when pasting the text into the small box, some of the sentences get cut (from one line to say two lines making me go back in and deleting the odd space to make the two lines come together as one sentence line again). Some times I have to do this several times.

So, I do the cut and paste thing into the text box, save it, see where I have to edit it due to the above problem, save it, check it for any further errors, edit any other errors, resave, recheck...

Could these text boxes be larger? Or maybe a preview?

When in the gallery, and I want to add text (caption) to a photo, that small(er) text box is fine, no problemos there.

Anyone? Anyone? Yes, No? Oui? Non? :huh
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    OK! I know that this is probably the wrong place to put it, but my eyes are all buggy and reading this small text is making my eyes sore - if this is not the right place, please feel free to move it. Or delete it. (shrug)

In the text boxes where we add text for example in the bio section, or caption settings (for my diary area I use journal setting, add one photo then edit the caption to add my diary). I find these text boxes too small.

Normally, when I add text to the text box (as described above), I have the wife leave me a notepad file of the diary entry then I cut and paste it to the text box.

Now, the problem is: when pasting the text into the small box, some of the sentences get cut (from one line to say two lines making me go back in and deleting the odd space to make the two lines come together as one sentence line again). Some times I have to do this several times.

So, I do the cut and paste thing into the text box, save it, see where I have to edit it due to the above problem, save it, check it for any further errors, edit any other errors, resave, recheck...

Could these text boxes be larger? Or maybe a preview?

When in the gallery, and I want to add text (caption) to a photo, that small(er) text box is fine, no problemos there.

Anyone? Anyone? Yes, No? Oui? Non? eek7.gif

We don't delete threads, DJ :D

OK how large would you like them? We can help you RIGHT now :D
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    We don't delete threads, DJ :D

OK how large would you like them? We can help you RIGHT now :D

Arg, you would ask me a question I'm not ready to answer (meaning I didn't think of it).

Uhm, 50% wider?

On a different note: When I log in, I get the option of going back to the page where I was, or go to main page, I have to go to main page because if I choose go to page I was just at - it doesnt do anything but log me out. eek7.gifheadscratch.gif

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited October 10, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:

On a different note: When I log in, I get the option of going back to the page where I was, or go to main page, I have to go to main page because if I choose go to page I was just at - it doesnt do anything but log me out. eek7.gifheadscratch.gif

ACtually as a test I just logged in:

After logging in, I get the option to go back to the page I last viewed - click that - it takes me to my main page but logged out. Log back in, choose take me back to page last viewed, takes me back to main page but logged in.

It seems I always have to choose take me to main page just to make it simpler on me. But then I have to navigate to where ever I need to go. I use FF (1.5).

edited October 10, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Arg, you would ask me a question I'm not ready to answer (meaning I didn't think of it).

Uhm, 50% wider?

add this to your css and see if it does the trick for you? You can make that 800px anything you like, 500, 400, 600, etc

.journal_entry textarea {
    width: 800px !important;}
    edited October 10, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    ACtually as a test I just logged in:

After logging in, I get the option to go back to the page I last viewed - click that - it takes me to my main page but logged out. Log back in, choose take me back to page last viewed, takes me back to main page but logged in.

It seems I always have to choose take me to main page just to make it simpler on me. But then I have to navigate to where ever I need to go. I use FF (1.5).
    You have a custom domain, please see the "gotcha" on this help page, thanks.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin
    edited October 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    add this to your css and see if it does the trick for you? You can make that 800px anything you like, 500, 400, 600, etc

width: 800px !important;}

Thanks Andy - that works perfectly - if I desire to make more room (top to bottom), is this possible too? (not required, but while we are on the subject)

edited October 10, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Thanks Andy - that works perfectly - if I desire to make more room (top to bottom), is this possible too? (not required, but while we are on the subject)
    add

height: XXXpx;

:D
    edited October 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    add

height: XXXpx;

:D
    Thats what I figured, but for the life of my I couldnt think straight enought to spell height. rolleyes1.gif

So if anyone is keeping score, this is what I added to my CSS:

width: 800px !important;
    height: 500px !important; }

keeping in mind you can change both values

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Thats what I figured, but for the life of my I couldnt think straight enought to spell height. rolleyes1.gif
    lol3.gif