Options

Ashfaq

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited December 17, 2004 in People
I met Ash about 10 years ago when he was hired to be my boss at Silicon Graphics. Since then our relationship has changed and now he is more friend than boss (I now work for a startup he founded.)

12815103-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    I met Ash about 10 years ago when he was hired to be my boss at Silicon Graphics. Since then our relationship has changed and now he is more friend than boss (I now work for a startup he founded.)
    nice one Rutt... I really like it... the only tiny itsy bitsy thing I noticed right away was that his eyes are a little soft.. (or of course it could be my eyes).. I'm fanatical about eyes and I think I would have sharpened his just a tad..on the other hand you may want them just as they are..1drink.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited December 17, 2004
    Nice portrait Rutt.

Tell Ash hi for me.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    rutt - re the eyes
    i dig the portrait - and agree w/ lynn.. try a little adj on the eyes maybe, brightening them a tad, and maybe they'd respond to a little selective sharpening?

nice one!
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i dig the portrait - and agree w/ lynn.. try a little adj on the eyes maybe, brightening them a tad, and maybe they'd respond to a little selective sharpening?

nice one!
    His eyes are very dark and just don't look right if dodged at all. The focus is actually pretty good, seen at high magnification. The problem, I think is that the catchlight partly obscures the pupils and makes them look a little fuzzy. So I burned in the pupils and did some selective sharpening. Too much, do you think?

12824891-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    I like the first one Rutt, just the way it is.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    The background bothers me, not the eyes, or the portrait
    And I did just about the sloppiest job ever here. I can't go dark without it looking sloppier. I just did a very rush job at trying to figure out if it was the background bothering me, and it was. Not the portrait. I maybe brightened it 2 or 3, but basically I think the portrait is fine. I think with a different background the eyes, etc. come out more. I lifted the first photo, not the second. g

12834690-M.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.