Random Thumbnail

TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited October 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi All!

First of all, I think these forums are great - the amount I've learned in a relatively short time is amazing.

One quick question (or suggestion). When a gallery or category does not have a featured picture, the thumbnail that appears on the homepage seems to be random. I like this feature a lot (and wish a category random thumbnail could be generated from any of the associated galleries, not simply the first).

Anyway, while I like the random feature, there are a few pictures within a given gallery I would like to NOT show up as the random thumbnail. Is there any way to specify that a picture should NOT be randomly featured? In other words, all other pictures in the gallery have some chance of showing up as the thumbnail, except those that have been specifically designated as NOT featured. Is there any easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Scott
Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    Trasmc wrote:
    Hi All!

First of all, I think these forums are great - the amount I've learned in a relatively short time is amazing.

One quick question (or suggestion). When a gallery or category does not have a featured picture, the thumbnail that appears on the homepage seems to be random. I like this feature a lot (and wish a category random thumbnail could be generated from any of the associated galleries, not simply the first).

Anyway, while I like the random feature, there are a few pictures within a given gallery I would like to NOT show up as the random thumbnail. Is there any way to specify that a picture should NOT be randomly featured? In other words, all other pictures in the gallery have some chance of showing up as the thumbnail, except those that have been specifically designated as NOT featured. Is there any easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Scott
    Hi Scott, wave.gif welcome to Dgrin! I'm sorry there's not a way to do what you are suggesting, but I'll make sure that our Product Manager sees this!