Bizarre visitor path

mcutrimcutri Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
A friend was doing a google search for photos of a foreign city, of which I have no similar photos or keywords. Several smugmug results came up (a good thing), and a gallery of six photos (someone else's, of course) was scrolled through and viewed. When the user scrolled back up to the top, my customized banner was present. Statcounter confirmed this path. I am new to this, but at a loss. Any ideas?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    mcutri wrote:
    A friend was doing a google search for photos of a foreign city, of which I have no similar photos or keywords. Several smugmug results came up (a good thing), and a gallery of six photos (someone else's, of course) was scrolled through and viewed. When the user scrolled back up to the top, my customized banner was present. Statcounter confirmed this path. I am new to this, but at a loss. Any ideas?
    Hi, can you give us the search terms? And, your website :D

wave.gif Welcome To Dgrin!
  • mcutrimcutri Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, can you give us the search terms? And, your website :D

wave.gif Welcome To Dgrin!

Of course, thank you. www.michaelcutriphotos.com is my website.

The initial search was for "Ponte Vecchio at night" which yielded these links, according to StatCounter:
    www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ponte vecchio at night&btnG=Search
    www.smugmug.com/community/EuropeanTravelers/popular/today/5/77335818

According to the visitor, my customized header was present at the top of the displayed gallery.

I inquired further and discovered that the visitor had actually visited my site a few weeks ago.

I am not really concerned for my site, but rather the other photographer's. I hope this helps.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    mcutri wrote:
    Of course, thank you. www.michaelcutriphotos.com is my website.

The initial search was for "Ponte Vecchio at night" which yielded these links, according to StatCounter:
    www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=ponte vecchio at night&btnG=Search
    www.smugmug.com/community/EuropeanTravelers/popular/today/5/77335818

According to the visitor, my customized header was present at the top of the displayed gallery.

I inquired further and discovered that the visitor had actually visited my site a few weeks ago.

I am not really concerned for my site, but rather the other photographer's. I hope this helps.
    Are you a member of the european travelers community on SmugMug? What photos were they viewing when they saw this?
  • mcutrimcutri Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Are you a member of the european travelers community on SmugMug? What photos were they viewing when they saw this?

No, I am not a member of any groups. The photos being viewed were the "popular today" section of European Travelers, as far as I can tell from the link indicated in Statcounter. They are different ones today.

I haven't been able to re-create the problem from various other computers, so maybe it's water under the bridge.