Fall

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited October 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
102007573-L.jpg

Sadly the midwest is not having a great "color" year with the leaves. Not sure what the deal is, too much rain, not enough cold, the Cubs playing so poorly. Who knows?

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Come to Minnesota
    We've had some great colors here this year even though the Twins gave it up to Oakland. This photo has real nice texture...that sharp/soft look I try so hard to achieve...how'd you do it? The colors are sweet and accurate, not over saturated like so many I see (photos that is).
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 12, 2006
    The shot was "set-up". I found one of the few trees producing any good color, picked the best leaves I could find and then searched for a good background. I was hoping to find a rock that was holding some water but had no such luck. I played withthe angle of the sun a bit to get the right shadows and fired away witht he 24-105 on board. I bumped up the black leves in RAW conversion a bit until the texture of the leaves popped a bit more.

Thanks for the kind words here and on my site.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Nice shot...I love the light this time of year. We don't get much seasonal color here on the West Coast, but this year due to a very, very hot summer the leaves are burnt and gone before they can change!
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    truth wrote:
    Sadly the midwest is not having a great "color" year with the leaves. Not sure what the deal is, too much rain, not enough cold, the Cubs playing so poorly. Who knows?

I'm afraid I may have missed fall....since it was snowing this morning! I'm about 90 west of Chicago. I was hoping to get out with my daughter to get some senior portraits this weekend, but the weather will have to improve.

Our colors aren't the best this fall either, and the ones that are seem to be fading real fast. If all goes well I'll venture over to the Rock River near Oregon, and see how things are at Castle Rock state park.

Oh, and forget about the CUBS, for now, it's BEAR season!:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Great colors loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Great colors loved it

Nice quality of light and the texture you got is great thumb.gif
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    truth wrote:

Hi Truth..... we're headed for the colours brown and black here real fast with hundreds of fires burning at the moment and its only Spring here eek7.gif
    You have too much water we don't have enough.

The leaves in your shot are a very pretty colour, nicely set up thumb.gif
    ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin