Gong Gong (Maternal Grandfather)

BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited October 20, 2006 in People
Just a shot of what he likes to do best.

101766713-L.jpg
I know the foreground is a bit cluttered. However, I hope it emphasizes that Gong Gong is focused on Jessica and nothing else.

Brian
"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
- W. Somerset Maugham

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2006
    Wow! The emotion in this is just unbeatable! I think this would pop even more in B&W....

Great shot!
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 12, 2006
    Love it Brian iloveyou.gif

15524779-Ti.gif It would look good in B&W.

My only feedback would be that, using a wider aperture would have really softened that BG and isolated Gong Gong and his little jewel :D

Good work,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Thanks for your comments
    At the time I was concentrating on having a narrow enough aperture to get people and Jessica in focus. AFter the fact I saw this.

I have taken your advice and tried a B&W.
    102777349-L.jpg

I also noticed the B&W allowed me to easily edit out the big white hat in the background.
    Brian
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Definitely love the B&W one! And yes- once you get rid of the white hat it makes it so much better! It seems less cluttered this way!