I lost EXIF of .JPEG file !! Help me

phananhtuanphananhtuan Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited October 13, 2006 in Finishing School
Please help me get back infomation of EXIF. After edit photo i saved it and EXIF has lost but i deleted original file , hix hix.:scratch . Now when i open that picture by ACDSee or other photor viewer, i can't view any infomation of picture. Tab EXIF is empty, please help me if you can. Thanks very much

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    What is it you want to do?
    Please help me get back infomation of EXIF. After edit photo i saved it and EXIF has lost but i deleted original file , hix hix.headscratch.gif . Now when i open that picture by ACDSee or other photor viewer, i can't view any infomation of picture. Tab EXIF is empty, please help me if you can. Thanks very much

If you've deleted the original and no longer have any EXIF on the copy you have left, what exactly do you want to do to fix it? You describe something that happened to you, but not what you're trying to do.

If you want to manually add EXIF information back, you can use a variety of tools for doing so. I've used Exifer myself which you can download here. Or you can copy the EXIF information from another shot in the shoot, attach it to your current file and then manually change a few of the fields if you want.

Needless to say, a good photo workflow would make it impossible for you to ever lose your originals. You should only edit a copy and you should have a backup of your originals too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Did you use 'Save for web' in PS as this removes the Exif data to further reduce the file size. In future only use the normal save dialogue.
  • phananhtuanphananhtuan Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2006
    thanks all for reply, i used "Image Resize" software to make it smaller. when i save it prompt me "preserve your EXIF ......" but i choosed "NO". My English is not good and I don't care it. After make all i deleted all original file and save all files have edited into a folder. About 3 weeks i sent it to my friend, he ask me why he can't see any infomation of those files. I open all and wonder any infomation of them have lost. I tried use some recovery software to get back original files but not successful. I'm trying software you posted and hope it successful. Thanks very much