Human, again (WARNING)

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited October 13, 2006 in People
Human-Again-IMG_7709.jpgHuman-Again-bw-IMG_7710.jpg

To see bigger version of this image click here and the black and white version here

PS. Many of you like my photos or so you tell me from time to time. If you do like what I do can you vote for me here by clicking on the fifth circle, please?

EDIT: I took 4 photos of this man and they all looked equally bad to me (technically) but it turns out one of them was a bit better thus I have reposted the image and I have added the black and white version too.

Comments

• AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Hi,

this one image is pretty interesting thumb.gif , though I don't really like the post treatment: the color are much saturated and way too "grainy", to my opinion. I do think it puts us away from this homeless guy while the framing would invite us to meet him.

You should try some time not to post-process the file more than little color/contrasts correction. thus, I think you would "kick" better :)headscratch.gifthumb.gif
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 13, 2006
    It's a powerful scene but the grain and motion blur don't help the picture here, at least not for me. Not sure if it's a added in post or just part of the capture and you were trying to make the most of it. I think the more crisp and detailed these types of pics are the more power they have as we are forced to see the true "grit" of the situation.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    The technical issues here are my fault - I left the camera in iso 800 from a previous shot.
  • antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    i am not sure about dof in here, would like it more shallow, and B&W

Regards
    edited October 13, 2006
    The technical issues here are my fault - I left the camera in iso 800 from a previous shot.

I hate when that happens. Sometimes you have to slow down to get a quick shot.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    So true. You know it is very ironic in a way as I posted "slow down" on one of Antonio Correia photos only a day before.
    truth wrote:
    I hate when that happens. Sometimes you have to slow down to get a quick shot.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Almost a really great shot.... I'd try it in B&W and see if the grain enhances rather than detracts. Great shot other than that and the DOF, though!
    edited October 13, 2006
    I agree with andi-

go with the flow-

turn it into a simulated tri-x-

you got my vote-