Timothy lookin' a little GQ....

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited October 14, 2006 in People
I caght this shot of my 2 yo son Timothy while we were wandering around the pumpkin patch. I like the brooding kind of expression he has, and then during post process I noticed he had his left hand stuck in his pocket. It made me think of a GQ cover shot. Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

102099657-L.jpg

Comments

• stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    That is a striking photo, and a cute son. Better watch him with the ladies lol. You are right, totally GQ nice shot.
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    This is an AWESOME shot! I just love it!!

The light areas look a bit too blown out. (On his face, on his pants.) I love it in B&W, but would love to see the conversion to B&W finessed a little bit more. (Holler if you want tips for PS or Lightroom.)
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Thanks Stephie and Andi!!! Andi, I re-worked it a little. It is a little darker overall, but I think I maintained some of the detail lost in the first version. What do you think??

102279977-L.jpg
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 13, 2006
    good lookin' kid-

nice job on the 2nd version-
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    I love this also. Wow just a mighty fine capture. This young man looks like the future president. Serious little guy and very dear.
    The second darkened shot really adds a nice depth. Great work.:D
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    This is a very good photo (the second. darker edit). Has all the elements of the classic: non trivial stance, facial expression, good exposure and controll of DOF.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    Ahhhh! This is wonderful! Great revision.... the second has detail where it needs it and is very well done! thumb.gif Awesome shot!