So there is no way ?

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I searched a lot but i cannot find if i can add Longitude and Latitude of photos before i upload simply

i have this data

I have different data and about 70 pics i want to add this data on each photo then upload it :rolleyes
i want to stay away from one by one edit geography is there bulk editing ? :scratch

What a cool thing if it is not so i will still do that even on my dailup :huh
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    I searched a lot but i cannot find if i can add Longitude and Latitude of photos before i upload simply

i have this data

I have different data and about 70 pics i want to add this data on each photo then upload it rolleyes1.gif
    i want to stay away from one by one edit geography is there bulk editing ? headscratch.gif

What a cool thing if it is not so i will still do that even on my dailup eek7.gif
    Sorry Awais, there is not a bulk edit tool.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry Awais, there is not a bulk edit tool.

No problem :D
    nor there is a way to put it in picture before i upload ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Oh, sure. Google for Exif editors with Geotagging. I'm not up on the latest tools, but here is one:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/baldy/2005/08/16/tagging-photos-with-a-gps/
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006

See the end of this page and the responses on this page. I'm getting ready to do this for my autumn color photos.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2006
    Check out Exifer
    there is a way to put it in picture before i upload ?

There are tools that allow you to modify EXIF data in bulk before you upload. I have used Exifer to fix date/time issues in bulk which you can download here to modify EXIF data in bulk, but I have not used it to set lat/long information. I'm sure you can do it as Exifer does seem to know about the EXIF fields for GPS info, but you will need to figure out how to get it to change those fields since they aren't directly built into it's UI.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited October 13, 2006
    Thanks for links i'll check them
    here is what i am doing

Went to DSL cafe opened one photo and edit geography and one Exel file
    placed marker again and again on same map on differeent location took reading of all palces (long lat) i need and noted location of about 50 places in Islamabad
    Now i am copy pasting on each photo in edit geography
    reduced work ne_nau.gif

My Gallery
    edited October 13, 2006
    headscratch.gif Something weird
    i edited all photos and viewd all on map but after an hour few photos moved out side of pakistan:D eek7.gif
    and location changed to this

33.72566923350000 lat
    73.10014128680000 long

http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=1230438 here it is all images should be in Islamabad

My Gallery
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    You're on the right track as it is definitely a better idea to geo-tag your images prior to upload (same for captions, keywords, etc.).

Here are a few options:

1. the latest release of Picasa uses Google Earth to geo-tag.

2. RoboGeo seems to be quite popular

3. the free WWMX Location Stamper (also free is the WWMX TrackDownload to download a track from your GPS unit)

4. Mac options include GeoTagging Automator Action, GPSPhotoLinker and others.

5. many, many other options can be found through a google search of geotagging

Some of the above are discussed in this post:
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1032&thread=20060949&page=1

Good luck.