Options

Challenge 28 - Portraits - Comments welcome.

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited December 19, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's my shot at it.

DPP_0002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    I love the paw coming into the frame, but it looks like he's doing it because he's about to shield his eyes from the bright light! The lighting on that one is extremely harsh.. can you bounce or diffuse or reflect or anything to soften that up a bit?

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
    Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/

• Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    ubergeek wrote:
    I love the paw coming into the frame, but it looks like he's doing it because he's about to shield his eyes from the bright light! The lighting on that one is extremely harsh.. can you bounce or diffuse or reflect or anything to soften that up a bit?

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    I had just woke her up, she was alittle mad. Its the stock flash, I guess I can put something other it to soften it up alittle.

Thanks
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    poor baby.. she looks like a sweet doggie :D
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    poor baby.. she looks like a sweet doggie :D
    She's my big baby.

Any idea's on how to soften the stock flash on the Canon DR?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    She's my big baby.

Any idea's on how to soften the stock flash on the Canon DR?

The rebel doesn't have flash compensation, does it? You can try regular exposure compensation, moving further away from the subject, or even putting a tissue over the flash to diffuse it.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Nice puppy. I love mine too.
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    The rebel doesn't have flash compensation, does it? You can try regular exposure compensation, moving further away from the subject, or even putting a tissue over the flash to diffuse it.
    Thanks I was wondering if cutting a tore up shirt would work? Place a rubber band around it to hold it in place?