Options

Snowy Egret

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited December 18, 2004 in Wildlife
One of my favorite shore birds. I would love to capture one of these with plumage flowing in the breeze...they are a beautiful species.

12849117-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 18, 2004
    Trish323 wrote:
    One of my favorite shore birds. I would love to capture one of these with plumage flowing in the breeze...they are a beautiful species.

12849117-M.jpg
    Trish,
    He/she is a real beauty thumb.gif Like you, I really love their plumage. Those long thin feathers are so beautiful. You did a splendid job of capturing those feathers on this guy/gal. Very, very, nice clap.gif

I have a real hard time finding snowys like yours. The ones I've been shooting have the feathers sticking out behind the head, but very little back plumage headscratch.gif Yours has so much, it almost ressembles a GBH....lol

I don't know much about birds, but maybe it's a male/female thang. You know how male birds always seem be more colorful, or richly detailed, than the females. Basically the opposite of us humans....lol So maybe yours is a male and I'm shooting females ne_nau.gif I'm getting good shots, I'd just like to see some more feathers mwink.gif

Thanks for sharing this one,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    hey Steve,
    Thanks for your comments. I saw a photograph in a store the other day...it was out of this world! This snowy..with the tail plume standing up, the light was spectactular. What a shot. I have not watched these too much..but after seeing that photo..I will be watching them a lot more.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    very nice
    Hey Trish,

The Snowy Egret is my favorite bird to shoot and you did a fine job on this one. The details, colors and compo are on the mark.thumb.gif

I've been laid up with the flu for the past week and haven't been able to get out and shoot. I'm feeling like a junkie who is going cold turkey. :cry

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    Harry,
    Sorry to hear you have the flu :cry
    I am not feeling too hot myself today and hoping I am not getting it....
    Thanks for your kind comments. This little guy would not let me photograph from any other view...pretty darn stubborn...but I am in hot pursuit of getting one of these one day with those tail feathers up!

Feel better!