Montana

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    hey this is cool... i'm going to look and see if i have some of this stuff

thumb.gif
    Molsondog wrote:
    It's amazing how people express themselves. In the middle of Montana, a rancher with some time on his hands and a message to send created this sculpture. We were cuising the back roads last summer when we saw this. How many others have seen similar artistic expressions?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    I saw something similar in NE Alabama last summer. A bunch of rocks painted to resemble animals. I didn't realize that others farmers did the same.

340972-M-1.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    It's not exactly farmland and it's not exactly natural...in fact, I'm not exactly sure what it is, other than a giant frog riding a motorcycle. This was found in a field off the side of the road as I was coming back from the Advrider Sierra Soiree last summer. It was in Calavaras County, so this was probably a float for a parade...
    The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County

503938-M-2.jpg

"What might it be that you've got in the box?"

And Smiley says, sorter indifferent like, "It might be a parrot, or it might be a canary, may be, but it an't -- it's only just a frog."

And the feller took it, and looked at it careful, and turned it round this way and that, and says, "H'm -- so 'tis. Well, what's he good for?"

"Well," Smiley says, easy and careless, "He's good enough for one thing, I should judge -- he can outjump any frog in Calaveras county."

- Mark Twain
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 8, 2004
    Molsondog wrote:
    It's amazing how people express themselves. In the middle of Montana, a rancher with some time on his hands and a message to send created this sculpture. We were cuising the back roads last summer when we saw this. How many others have seen similar artistic expressions?
    I have always enjoyed the things you find along the backroads. Here is one side of a barn I spied a few weeks ago in Putnam County Indiana......1808924-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 8, 2004
    Sometimes they are informative and heartbraking at the same time....875620-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2004
    Cool shots, pathfinder. Where's Putnam county? Enquiring minds want more profile info. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au