Options

*Challenge 28: Lynnmas Portraits*

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited December 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I grabbed the bull by the horn so to speak and accosted this child in a restaurant this morning.. Andy was sitting on my shoulder saying it was ok to interrupt this familie's breakfast for the sake of art...

here's the result.. comments please..

one more version...

Comments

• Options
    lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Hi lynnma,

I think the color version is beautiful! I think I'll accost someone in a restaurant since I LOVE restaurants especially during Christmas season!
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    So I grabbed the bull by the horn so to speak and accosted this child in a restaurant this morning.. Andy was sitting on my shoulder saying it was ok to interrupt this familie's breakfast for the sake of art...

here's the result.. comments please..

one more version...
    this was the grandfather I think.. sitting with the family.. I sneaked one of him too as he was soooo cool
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Lynne,

I like the color version of the baby, but I think the highlights are a bit blown out. Is there any more detail in the highlights? Did you shoot RAW, or JPG?

Otherwise, it's a beautiful shot of a beautiful baby.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    Lynne,

I like the color version of the baby, but I think the highlights are a bit blown out. Is there any more detail in the highlights? Did you shoot RAW, or JPG?

Otherwise, it's a beautiful shot of a beautiful baby.
    Hi david.. no unfortunately thats it.. I always shoot raw and I spose I could clone out the hightlights but I was'nt sure it was worth it as it was'nt his face or anything... some were much worse...
    thanks for looking and for your comments.. appreciated...:D
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Awe....cute baby, the color version is best.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Very good portrait, Lynn. I didn't notice the blown parts. Everyone likes the baby in color. I liked him in blk and white, since everyone else likes him the other way, I have decided it is just a fine photo, and either way suits me.

What gets me is that his face is so clean. You must have grabbed them as they came in the restaurant.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    Very sweet photo! I'm not sure which version I prefer though. Maybe try a desaturated version (by 50-70%)? I like b&w, but it's a little harsh. I think that muted colors would be very complimentary.

ne_nau.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    Cool grandpa too! He looks like someone we use to ride with...
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2004
    Thanks all who commented... I've tried to fix the problems and have entered the child.. I may redo later.. feel free to criticize.:D
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks all who commented... I've tried to fix the problems and have entered the child.. I may redo later.. feel free to criticize.:D
    Good choice! I like it! :D
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2004
    I redid my entry from raw and used Scott Kelly's curves for color correction and I'm done rolleyes1.gif from now on in I can only make things worse and drive myself nuts...thanks all for your kind comments and thanks DavidTo for your help.:D
  • Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    I thought the grandpa was cool too - especially in the context of the child - showed great pride. (But I'm sure he would not be pleased to have upstaged his grandchild as the chosen entry!)

(What happened to the photo's on this thread - I glanced at them yesterday, but I don't see them here today?)

Gary

landrum wrote:
    Cool grandpa too! He looks like someone we use to ride with...
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2004
    muddyknees wrote:
    I thought the grandpa was cool too - especially in the context of the child - showed great pride. (But I'm sure he would not be pleased to have upstaged his grandchild as the chosen entry!)

(What happened to the photo's on this thread - I glanced at them yesterday, but I don't see them here today?)

Gary
    Hi Gary.. no my entry is the same.. the child :D it's in the challenge 28 thread. I just removed all these redundent ones.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2004
    I can't see the pictures Lynn
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    I can't see them either:cry
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I can't see them either:cry
    Thats mostly cos they're not here... it's in the "challenge"... I removed all these redundant ones..rolleyes1.gif sorry to confuse.. I'm really good at it tho.