Problem adding bulk keywords

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited October 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm having problems when I try to add keywords using the bulk method.
First - the system puts quotes around my word. If I type lake tahoe, the keyword gets changed to "lake tahoe". I'd like to add the quotes myself.

Also, after saving, the keywords don't show up. I have to click on the edit button, then save. I changed the first few pictures in this gallery by deleing the beginning and ending quotes. But here's one I haven't fixed:
http://yolanda.smugmug.com/gallery/2005173/1/102500051

What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 14, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    I'm having problems when I try to add keywords using the bulk method.
    First - the system puts quotes around my word. If I type lake tahoe, the keyword gets changed to "lake tahoe". I'd like to add the quotes myself.

Also, after saving, the keywords don't show up. I have to click on the edit button, then save. I changed the first few pictures in this gallery by deleing the beginning and ending quotes. But here's one I haven't fixed:
    http://yolanda.smugmug.com/gallery/2005173/1/102500051

What am I doing wrong??

Hi :)

Have you checked out our help page on keywords?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags

That will explain the quotes.

Let us know if we can answer any questions that don't get answered for you with our help page :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    Thanks, but....yes, I do understand about the quotes. But my problem is that when I type the words (for example) red yellow green (without quotes) using the bulk keyword option, they display as "red yellow green" with quotes. In other words, no matter whether I put quotes or not, I always end up with my entire keyword string in quotes.

I want to be able to type keywords without quotes and have them display without quotes - unless I put them in myself.
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 14, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Thanks, but....yes, I do understand about the quotes. But my problem is that when I type the words (for example) red yellow green (without quotes) using the bulk keyword option, they display as "red yellow green" with quotes. In other words, no matter whether I put quotes or not, I always end up with my entire keyword string in quotes.

I want to be able to type keywords without quotes and have them display without quotes - unless I put them in myself.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your original question ... from my understanding, if you type different words with spaces and no quotes, they should each appear as a keyword, like you say. I just tested it, and it didn't work either. Typed two words without quotes and they ended up in quotes. Typed two words with commas inbetween and they ended up in quotes. Hmmmm, for now you could use the quick entry at the top of the bulk keywords page and do each word separately. I'll see if I can't find out what is going on, if anything, or if you and I are just confused :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    Yolanda,

If you want to enter red yellow blue, in the bulk tool, first enter red, click preveiw, then yellow, click preview, blue, click preview. If you want "red yellow blue" enter red yellow blue then click preview.

Try it thumb.gif
    edited October 14, 2006
    Barb--
    I appreciate your help! Thanks. Next time, I'll try the quick entry option as you suggested - one word at a time. But hopefully this can get fixed.

Thanks again!
    edited October 14, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    But hopefully this can get fixed.

Thanks again!
    Hi, it's not broken...please see my post above, ok? Holler with any more questions.
    edited October 14, 2006
    Andy---looks like we posted at the same time. So what you're saying is that each word has to be entered separately. If I enter a string of words, even though I don't put quotes - then they'll end up with quotes. I guess I was hoping that I could type all my keywords and add quotes when and where I want them.

So nothing is broken then? I just need to know how it works.
    edited October 14, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    Andy---looks like we posted at the same time. So what you're saying is that each word has to be entered separately. If I enter a string of words, even though I don't put quotes - then they'll end up with quotes. I guess I was hoping that I could type all my keywords and add quotes when and where I want them.

So nothing is broken then? I just need to know how it works.
    Right.

Have you also tried entering your keywords from Photoshop? MMMmm that's tasty. Boom-done mwink.gif
    edited October 14, 2006
    Thanks Andy! I have Photoshop 7 - not the current version. I can test if it will work with an older version of Photoshop.