Options

McLaren F1 in Boston

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited December 22, 2004 in Landscapes
Went to Boston today to pick up a client's McLaren F1. This is car # 007. One of only 65 cars ever made. It was fun ride up to the North Shore. :)

12861848-L.jpg

12861849-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    Note speedometer position at 80MPH. Still a long way to go in a car with a top speed of 240 MPH.

12862041-L.jpg

For more info on this amazing car, visit: http://www.mclarencars.com/content/sections/mainfr/cars.htm
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Whilst not being a 'car' person i have always considered them as the top of the crop. Did you get a drive ?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Whilst not being a 'car' person i have always considered them as the top of the crop. Did you get a drive ?
    I've been given the opportunity but declined. I typically don't like to drive cars that aren't mine, especially ones that originally sold new for $900,000+ and have only appreciated in value since. Plus, my feet are too wide to drive this car really. My feet hit the gas and brake at the same time, the pedals are very close together.

10867637-L.jpg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    I've been given the opportunity but declined. I typically don't like to drive cars that aren't mine, especially ones that originally sold new for $900,000+ and have only appreciated in value since. Plus, my feet are too wide to drive this car really. My feet hit the gas and brake at the same time, the pedals are very close together.
    I know...im the same. I hate driving others cars..even $10K cheapies.

I guess with size 15's .. im out of the F1 test drive also.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    I know...im the same. I hate driving others cars..even $10K cheapies.

10K cheapies! Thats makes our ride ghetto...hahahaha

Dave
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    I've been given the opportunity but declined. I typically don't like to drive cars that aren't mine, especially ones that originally sold new for $900,000+ and have only appreciated in value since.

I feel the same way - but with an offer like that I'd have a REAL hard time turning it down...

dugmar wrote:
    Plus, my feet are too wide to drive this car really. My feet hit the gas and brake at the same time, the pedals are very close together.

Where there's a will... there's a way... as long as you don't have to sign any papers first. deal.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 22, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    My feet hit the gas and brake at the same time...

10867637-S.jpg
    that can be a good thing... i don't exactly have flippers, but i've always been able to turn heel-toe into left-right(ball of foot)... doesn't flow nearly as well though rolleyes1.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    mutineermutineer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    10K cheapies! Thats makes our ride ghetto...hahahaha

Dave
    I am not sure what that makes me then, I have a 10 year old honda motorcycle that cost more than my car.

Nice photo of the McLaren