Add Photos...Not working?

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited October 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Good Day

Is Smugmug doing maintainence or something that would effect us from downloading photos?

When I click "add photos", the drag and drop window doesn't appear, just a default smugmug window that only shows a header. Now that I am looking into this a little deeper, I think it must be something on my end....because I can't logout either?

Here my site: http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/

thanks for the help.

Shane

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Good Day

Is Smugmug doing maintainence or something that would effect us from downloading photos?

When I click "add photos", the drag and drop window doesn't appear, just a default smugmug window that only shows a header. Now that I am looking into this a little deeper, I think it must be something on my end....because I can't logout either?

Here my site: http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/

thanks for the help.

Shane
    Hi Shane, uploading is working fine on the site, this is a local problem for you.
    Let's try and fix it.

Please logout - do so from here: www.smugmug.com upper right "logout".

Please delete your smugmug cookies

Shut your browser, and reopen. Go here www.smugmug.com and log in. Now please, go to your site and try adding photos to a gallery.

Let us know!
  • kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Shane, uploading is working fine on the site, this is a local problem for you.
    Let's try and fix it.

Please logout - do so from here: www.smugmug.com upper right "logout".

Please delete your smugmug cookies

Shut your browser, and reopen. Go here www.smugmug.com and log in. Now please, go to your site and try adding photos to a gallery.

Let us know!

Thanks Andy

That seemed to work in allowing me to upload photos, but I stilll can't logout? I delelted all cookies associated to Smugmug in my safari preferences. Is that the correct place to delete cookies? I even tried to logout in firefox as well as smugmug, no go.

I won't be able to dialoge for a few hours now, but some suggestions would be great.

thanks for your help.

shane
    edited October 15, 2006
    Thanks Andy

That seemed to work in allowing me to upload photos, but I stilll can't logout? I delelted all cookies associated to Smugmug in my safari preferences. Is that the correct place to delete cookies? I even tried to logout in firefox as well as smugmug, no go.

I won't be able to dialoge for a few hours now, but some suggestions would be great.

thanks for your help.

shane
    Did you logout from www.smugmug.com?
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Did you logout from www.smugmug.com?

Yes I did?

Does anyone else have any suggestions I can try?

Thanks shane
    edited October 15, 2006
    Yes I did?

Does anyone else have any suggestions I can try?

Thanks shane
    And what happened when you clicked "logout" from www.smugmug.com? ear.gif
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    And what happened when you clicked "logout" from www.smugmug.com? ear.gif

I was directed back to the smugmug page, but instead of "logout" appearing "login" appeared, and without logging in I went to my site to see if I was indeed logged out....I wasn't. I have tried several times again, no luck?
    edited October 15, 2006
    I was directed back to the smugmug page, but instead of "logout" appearing "login" appeared, and without logging in I went to my site to see if I was indeed logged out....I wasn't. I have tried several times again, no luck?
    Please clear your cookies. This will force you to login again. Log in from www.smugmug.com NOT your custom name, as we say here on our help page please: http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006

I, too, have had this problem off and on... Only in IE, not on FF, though. (Although I use IE much more.)

Another thing to look at to upload images is www.starexplorer.com. I just LOVE this especially when I am uploading a lot of images to a lot of different galleries (as I do often). It has a 30 day trial so it might help you out...

Good luck!
    edited October 15, 2006
    I, too, have had this problem off and on... Only in IE, not on FF, though. (Although I use IE much more.)

Another thing to look at to upload images is www.starexplorer.com. I just LOVE this especially when I am uploading a lot of images to a lot of different galleries (as I do often). It has a 30 day trial so it might help you out...

Good luck!

Hey Andy

Just tried again to download photos....no go. Just takes me to this default smugmug page
    http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/add.mg?AlbumID=2005649

Any ideas?

shane
    edited October 15, 2006
    Hey Andy

Just tried again to download photos....no go. Just takes me to this default smugmug page
    http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/add.mg?AlbumID=2005649

Any ideas?

shane
    Do you mean add photos? Ok that's the place to add photos. Are you not seeing the Universal Drag and Drop uploader?