Canon Fall 2006 Rebates

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 4, 2006 in Cameras

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Wow.

$700 off a combo of a 5D and 24-105L. That's some serious, serious coin!

You can get the $2749 at BH, $2649 if you want to try Dell. The price of the Canon 5D, only one year from announcement, is now nearly $900 less than when it first came out. Wow, talk about a deal.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 15, 2006
    Good stuff Andy.
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Thanks for this Andy. O'yeah!:D
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Wow.

You can get the $2749 at BH, $2649 if you want to try Dell. The price of the Canon 5D, only one year from announcement, is now nearly $900 less than when it first came out. Wow, talk about a deal.

B&H also throws in a $200 rebate for PHotoshop CS2...but the 5D is currently out-of-stock. Definitely a good deal.

Erich
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Wow.

Wow if I were a Canon guy I think this would be too tempting... Of course I could just try to sweet talk my bowdown.gif wife that I need 2 systems hehehehe

So if I understand this correctly if you pick up 2 Canon toys errr tools they double the rebate numbers... WOW if that is the case.
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Thanks I'm going to get my 70-200 f2.8 receipt updated for this. :)
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Double Your Pleasure
    Well now......that's a tease. Buy 2 or more and they double your rebate! Let's see....what lenses don't I own???? mwink.gif
  • utah1utah1 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Andy,
    Who is this BH of which you speak? Am I to be too concerned of a mail order purchase verses stopping into their shop to see, hold and check out the camera first? Also your review and praise of the 24-105 f4 IS L has led me to believe this would be a good match for the 5D, for that my wife very much dislikes you!
    Thanks!
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    utah1 wrote:
    Who is this BH of which you speak? Am I to be too concerned of a mail order purchase verses stopping into their shop to see, hold and check out the camera first?
    B&H, is one of the largest photo supply houses in the country. (they do more than just photo, btw) Extremely reputable, have no fears at all regarding mail order. I have ordered from them for 20+ years, back in the films days and continue to do so. You will find countless others here with similar experience. B&H read and post on this forum as well, so perhaps Henry will join with the softsell.

Now, there is nothing like visiting their store. It is wonderful to be able to touch and try nearly any lens camera, bag, tripod, etc etc your heart desires. They are in Manhattan, not far from Madison Square Garden. If you go, my personal experience advises that you 1) get there when it opens, and 2) reserve several hours for your stay. Also, Sundays are a zoo, weekday is much more manageable.
  • henryphenryp Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    cmason wrote:
    B&H, is one of the largest photo supply houses in the country. (they do more than just photo, btw) Extremely reputable, have no fears at all regarding mail order. I have ordered from them for 20+ years, back in the films days and continue to do so. You will find countless others here with similar experience. B&H read and post on this forum as well, so perhaps Henry will join with the softsell.
    Perhaps I'll just say THANKS for your kind words and eloquence.
  • utah1utah1 Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Yes the B&H question was a bit tongue in cheek as if you open any photo magazine or do any online search for photo gear you will quickly trip over a B&H ad. And it sounds like they offer great support, service and aftercare to buyers. I missed the 20% off Dell sale and will buy my 5D from B&H unless I can find another reputable dealer offering 20% off. Speaking of B&H I just noticed they have a decent price on the new 17” Macbook Pro…
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Last night B&H allowed me to return and rebill my 70-200 2.8 so I could take advantage of the rebate since it was w/i 14 days of the original purchase. :ivar
    While they are a tad pricey on some items, I'm loving the service at their superstore.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Canon Rebates Question
    So depending on how much I have saved up by Christmas time, I may buy a Canon 100 macro and a 430EX speedlie. I'm a bit confused with the "double rebates" though. Would I get the double rebate back if I bought the lens and flash? Or do I have to buy 2 different lenses to ge thte double rebate back.

the 100 macro rebate is $30 single, $60 double. The Speedlite is $10 single, $20 double.

If I were to buy both the lens and flash, would I end up getting $80 back? Or would I just get $40?
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2006
    Red Bull wrote:
    So depending on how much I have saved up by Christmas time, I may buy a Canon 100 macro and a 430EX speedlie. I'm a bit confused with the "double rebates" though. Would I get the double rebate back if I bought the lens and flash? Or do I have to buy 2 different lenses to ge thte double rebate back.

the 100 macro rebate is $30 single, $60 double. The Speedlite is $10 single, $20 double.

If I were to buy both the lens and flash, would I end up getting $80 back? Or would I just get $40?
    Read the form again, it's up top in this thread. Looks like $80 to me, but you can always prequalify, here:
    https://www.web-rebates.com/canon/CIWC-FA06/default.asp