SmugMap point?

gilbertgilbert Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited October 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Why does it seem I have a map point that I did not place in any geography editing??

When I choose to show the map the points show, but when clicked say 0 photos...password galleries, right?

If I have a portfolio gallery with at least one image from each place, will those show on the map? I really wanted the map to at least show that photos have been taken in all those areas, so it's okay that at least the points are there for them even though they are password protected galleries.

How can I find out what this map point is that I did not place (maybe it was clicked at some point and stuck??)

I don't know which photo it is associated with...any help on figuring this out?

Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    gilbert wrote:
    Why does it seem I have a map point that I did not place in any geography editing??

When I choose to show the map the points show, but when clicked say 0 photos...password galleries, right?

If I have a portfolio gallery with at least one image from each place, will those show on the map? I really wanted the map to at least show that photos have been taken in all those areas, so it's okay that at least the points are there for them even though they are password protected galleries.

How can I find out what this map point is that I did not place (maybe it was clicked at some point and stuck??)

I don't know which photo it is associated with...any help on figuring this out?

Thanks.
    Give us a link so we can look please?
  • gilbertgilbert Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Give us a link so we can look please?

Sorry Andy...map is on my home page now...link in my signature...It's the point that is near streamwood/hanover park...Don't know what that one is...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    gilbert wrote:
    Sorry Andy...map is on my home page now...link in my signature...It's the point that is near streamwood/hanover park...Don't know what that one is...
    Must be cached, though it shouldn't be. What image was it, or can't you recall?
  • gilbertgilbert Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Must be cached, though it shouldn't be. What image was it, or can't you recall?

Um, no that's what I was asking actually...Since they are all protected, it doesn't show anything...so either I clicked and saved (which you would think I would remember with having to save and all) the wrong thing or it is in there from something else? I was trying to find out HOW you can see where it is from...or if you can even? I never did anything in that area, so not sure how it is there...Maybe on moving the map to another location that was clicked, but it only saves one location at a time right? So it shouldn't have saved that along with the right location as far as I understand it. headscratch.gif