Portrait for comment

photomphotom Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 30, 2006 in People
All comments are welcome

fe-citof.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I don't see a portrait. If anything, this is some sort of a statement and I'm not hearing it. I guess I'm deaf in that ear.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I think that this is a very interesting shot. I think that people will either love it or hate it. Could you explain how you took it?
    I want to know what's going on in this shot and that's a great question for someone to be asking when they are looking at your shot.
    Good work.
    Ashley

fe-citof.jpg[/quote]
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    I like it...different from what you might call a standard portraitclap.gif
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I like your shot.
    It´s a different view of a portrait. :D
    May be it's too yellow, outside the monitor.
    You could probably fix it to a softer tone.
    :D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • photomphotom Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2006
    I don't see a portrait. If anything, this is some sort of a statement and I'm not hearing it. I guess I'm deaf in that ear.

I'm sorry. I try with one of my standard portraits!

manu1.jpg
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2006
    I think the first shot comes across less as a portrait and more as a statement. Not quite sure what it is - whether it's about the person in the photo or not. It could be that if it were cropped closer or somethign done to make the photo inside stand out more, I would understand that it was about HER and not something around her.

As for the second one, I find this much more interesting. I am a bit disturbed that I can't tell what's really going on - and that really draws me in. I want to know more about the person in the photo and what the images overlayed (overlaid?) represent.

Just so you know, when I say "disturbed" this is actually a good thing. I find that the most powerful images (portraits, etc) are the ones that evoke an emotion. Good, bad or otherwise, I find emotion in photos very powerful - even if it's an emotion you don't like to feel.

As for the first image, I think that's why I don't find it that great. It evokes no emotion what-so-ever. Your second one evokes curiosity and much more.
    edited November 19, 2006
    I think the first shot comes across less as a portrait and more as a statement. Not quite sure what it is - whether it's about the person in the photo or not. It could be that if it were cropped closer or somethign done to make the photo inside stand out more, I would understand that it was about HER and not something around her.

As for the second one, I find this much more interesting. I am a bit disturbed that I can't tell what's really going on - and that really draws me in. I want to know more about the person in the photo and what the images overlayed (overlaid?) represent.

Just so you know, when I say "disturbed" this is actually a good thing. I find that the most powerful images (portraits, etc) are the ones that evoke an emotion. Good, bad or otherwise, I find emotion in photos very powerful - even if it's an emotion you don't like to feel.

As for the first image, I think that's why I don't find it that great. It evokes no emotion what-so-ever. Your second one evokes curiosity and much more.

Thanks for your comment.
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    photom wrote:
    All comments are welcome

I don't think this is a portrait, either. ne_nau.gif

That's an interesting shot, but that doesn't tell much about the girl.
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2006
    photom wrote:
    All comments are welcome

fe-citof.jpg

I like the idea, but it I think it needs more or less context. I know that it's a video phone, but I'm rationalizing that.. my 'minds eye' has a harder time putting it all together, and that is distracting. Maybe in a place that these kinds of phones are more common that would not happen.

The pose in screen is good - and I like the way the image is almost veiled.

I think you've got a good idea going here and should play with it some more. Definatly worth exploring.
    --Kres
    edited November 30, 2006
    Thanks for your comments