Looking for worms...

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited October 19, 2006 in People
While I'm not as happy about these as I was my mud shots, I thought they were fun and captured a part of childhood I remember well. That is, after a hard rain when the worms would come up out of the ground. I remember the smell and the crisp, clean feel of the air. And all the worms! I was always amazed that there were SOOO many worms out there!

Anyway, our neighbor invited my daughter to search and I had to grab the camera....

"My favorite worm!"
102749224-M.jpg

"I know there are more! There have to be..."
102749288-M.jpg

"Ah, how I love this one..."
102749484-M.jpg

"I hear worms come out more during a full moon..." :rofl
102749425-M.jpg

Any CC is always appreciated!

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    I love the 2nd and 3rd!!

These are all so cute!

My favorite is the 2nd......I just love how she looks so small in this big 'ol world!!

Nice shots as always!!

Heather
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    These are just adorable. You really have a knack for shooting little kids.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    These are so cute! Love #3....and, yes, I remember doing this as a kid myself! :D
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Thanks so much! I just love shooting kids and really trying to get that "feel". You know, bringing back your OWN childhood... Or at least mine! Laughing.gif!

Thanks so much for your kind words and for looking!
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    great shots
    I wish I had had an interest in photography when my kids were that age. I spent way to much time with a video camera when they were younger, I wish I had more well done stills as opposed to the snapshots.
    My daughters are now 14 & 16 and act like I have a gun in my hand when I point a camera at them. Take as many as you can before they grow up.

I really liked the earlier mud shots too.
  • ESigginsESiggins Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    It's really nice to see shots like this because too many parents would never let their little girls play in the mud. clap.gif
    Shoot, or shoot not. There is no try.
    http://esiggins.smugmug.com
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Andi,

I've been checking out your recent threads and I have to say they are all fantastic, your B&W conversion especially. I love how you are capturing the innocence of childhood and your girls are precious. It's great to see kids that are allowed to be kids, getting dirty and having fun :D

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    Thank you so much! Gosh... I thought they were fun, but it's nice to see everyone enjoying them. I'm very flattered! *blush*

As for letting kids be kids.... that's one of the biggest reasons we moved here. We love living in CB where not only are the kids kids, but the adults get to be, too.... Hmm, think I need to be pushing more adults to jump in the mud and search for worms for me to photograph!

Thanks again! You are all very kind!
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    102749484-M.jpg

They're all good, but I really like this one......thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Love the composition and b & w conversion of the third one.... just great...clap.gif
  • Steven_EJSteven_EJ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2006
    The first one I like the best. Very nice series!
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    These are fantastic! I think the second one would be great with selective coloring- just the girl in color! These are so fun! It's supposed to rain the next few days here- I'm so having my 3YO son get out and search for worms! What an inspiration you've been- there are now going to be hundreds of children all across the world searching for worms! :)
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Andi - I always love looking at your work. You capture such incredible moments of growing up. Your work always has such character to it, it's fantastic. Your colors just pop and your conversion is great. Your work is very inspiring, thanks for sharing. I love them all, but I really like #2, I like how little she looks in with the reality of how big the world around her is.

Your kids are so cute and it's so awesome to see them be kids! Great job and great parenting. mwink.gif
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300