Can not upload - getting errors.

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited October 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've tried to upload 5 times the same file. Even tried resaving (using photoshop cs2 saving as a jpg).

Can anyone (admins) give me a clue as to what is wrong? Maybe something got changed on my end - I don't know. I don't recall making any changes.

Derek
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I've tried to upload 5 times the same file. Even tried resaving (using photoshop cs2 saving as a jpg).

Can anyone (admins) give me a clue as to what is wrong? Maybe something got changed on my end - I don't know. I don't recall making any changes.

Derek
    Hi, is your upload log giving you an error?

Is the file less than 16megabytes, and 48 megapixels? Is it a JPG file?
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, is your upload log giving you an error?

Is the file less than 16megabytes, and 48 megapixels? Is it a JPG file?
    I've just uploaded another image (in my rail gallery - on last page of that gallery, its actually a aircraft image).

The errors I'm getting are all the same "upload problem :Non-JPEG/GIF/PNG/MPG"

I tried different uploaders - drag n drop, and the universal one. Dunno what the prob could be.

The files where all less than 16 mb (the train pic is less than 800k), the test pic of the plane was 4.63 mb)

EDIT: yes, it was a jpg

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited October 15, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I've just uploaded another image (in my rail gallery - on last page of that gallery, its actually a aircraft image).

The errors I'm getting are all the same "upload problem :Non-JPEG/GIF/PNG/MPG"

I tried different uploaders - drag n drop, and the universal one. Dunno what the prob could be.

The files where all less than 16 mb (the train pic is less than 800k), the test pic of the plane was 4.63 mb)

EDIT: yes, it was a jpg

I tried the original (un photoshopped image) and it uploaded fine. But when I try the ps'd version(s), error. I don't recall doing anything different when saving in ps.

edited October 15, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I tried the original (un photoshopped image) and it uploaded fine. But when I try the ps'd version(s), error. I don't recall doing anything different when saving in ps.
    OK something's corrupting it on your end. Let's figure it out. EXACTLY what steps in PS are you taking? Leave NOTHING out please :D
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK something's corrupting it on your end. Let's figure it out. EXACTLY what steps in PS are you taking? Leave NOTHING out please :D
    I also tried IE (I use FF 1.5 normally) and same error.

Not sure what exactly I did but to the extent:

cropped
    resize so length is 1024
    set white/black points
    Adjust hue/sat (red for the locomotive)
    Sharpen tool to just sharpen the areas I wanted (locomotive/train)
    Add file info (description, copyright info)
    Save as: jpg, image quality 12, baseline standard

I might have missed a step or two, but basically that was it. I didn't do anything different when saving than I normally did.

Virus maybe? I know I've done some extensive scans (norton, search and destroy, Microsofts Windows Defender) the other day as I hadn't done a extensive scan in a while. But: I haven't made any changes that would have caused corruption.

EDIT: using the drag n drop indicates after the u/l that it didn't recieve any files.

edited October 15, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I also tried IE (I use FF 1.5 normally) and same error.

Not sure what exactly I did but to the extent:

cropped
    resize so length is 1024
    set white/black points
    Adjust hue/sat (red for the locomotive)
    Sharpen tool to just sharpen the areas I wanted (locomotive/train)
    Add file info (description, copyright info)
    Save as: jpg, image quality 12, baseline standard

I might have missed a step or two, but basically that was it. I didn't do anything different when saving than I normally did.

Virus maybe? I know I've done some extensive scans (norton, search and destroy, Microsofts Windows Defender) the other day as I hadn't done a extensive scan in a while. But: I haven't made any changes that would have caused corruption.

EDIT: using the drag n drop indicates after the u/l that it didn't recieve any files.

Email me ONE file please, to help@smugmug.com attn: Andy thanks.
    I'll review it :D
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Email me ONE file please, to help@smugmug.com attn: Andy thanks.
    I'll review it :D

On the way.

edited October 15, 2006
    The ONLY thing I can remember doing differently on that ONE photo is:

Using 'bulk rename' to rename that file (instead of doing it the normal way). That one thing is the ONLY thing I did differently.

I PS'd another copy (previously untouched other than saved for some reason as a tiff), saved it, and uploaded it - and no problems.

Gotta be the bulk rename utility that caused some sort of corruption.

edited October 15, 2006
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Gotta be the bulk rename utility that caused some sort of corruption.

Somehow, it's corrupted, that's for sure. I cannot upload it either.

Try your workflow without that renaming bit.
    edited October 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Somehow, it's corrupted, that's for sure. I cannot upload it either.

Try your workflow without that renaming bit.

Yeah, as above, I tried my workflow using a file that the BRU never touched and it worked fine.

P.O.C software!!

Goes to show you: Once you got things working, dont mess with it!!!

Thanks for checking it out Andy. It's got to have something to do with that other program.