If you want vintage clothes in Los Angeles...

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in People
Head on down to Danielle's Star Vintage at 2121 San Fernando, #4. She just had her opening, and I'm glad it all seems to be working!

Tulasi (my niece) and I were minding the door:
68632302.PO9NWvRc.jpg

The band was rocking, and the good threads are on display:
68632329.iSOR9RvI._DSC3671.jpg

the models were showing off the clothes:
68632342.CwMoS4bw._DSC3774.jpg

And our waiter did not like getting photographed:
68632340.1pqUh8ip._DSC3768.jpg

I almost feel cool by association :)

Comments and critique welome...

I should say, the rest are here: http://www.pbase.com/mmr/danielles_vintage_party

Comments

• mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    so? no one likes vintage clothes? Maybe it's just an LA thing...
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    I love the feel of your last picture. It's got that old time rat pack type of feel to it. The little glass, the cigarette...Like a picture taken backstage at one of those 1940-50's shows.
    It's a very interesting shot. I just keep on looking at it. The man seems to have pretty small hands doesn't he?...
    The others are interesting. The first is nice and atmospheric but that blue spot is so bothering that I pasted right over it on first glance. The second is clear and colorful but I don't get any atmosphere from it, the third one is fun but a little too blurry, or not enough (your in that grey area where I think you wanted it sharper but it wasn't) for my tastes. Do you have any more pictures of the clothes?
    Thanks for posting.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    I love the feel of your last picture. It's got that old time rat pack type of feel to it. . . .Ashley

YES! I second that.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Thanks for looking.

Yeah, I like the last one the best.

The first one shows off what I think is the biggest flaw in the nikon 1.4 50mm lens, and that is terrible lens flare with a bright source anywhere in the photo. If anyone knows a fix (which is probably another autofocus lens that doesn't have flare like that), I'd love to know.

I agree about the second shot; I just liked the clothes, hence the shot. Same for the third-- I'd actually say that it's cropped a bit high (I should have gotten more of her legs). She was moving too fast to get a sharper shot (it was already at 1/125 with iso 1600), so I take what I can get :)